PDA

View Full Version : Finally a Glock!

Tun_Tavern215
05-03-11, 18:05
I finally jumped on the band wagon and got me a Glock:D The Philadelphia National Guard Armory was hosting a Gun and Knife show this past weekend and I spent an hour or two trying to decide which sub- compact I should purchase for personal defense conceal carry. As you can see I opted for the Glock 27 and so far I am satisfied with my choice. I am anxious for this upcoming weekend to arrive, so I could finally put some rounds down range! I will definitely post AAR to keep you all posted. ;)

Evil Colt 6920
05-03-11, 18:10
Congrats! A buddy of mine just got a G27, makes me want one. Im due for another glock anyway.:cool:

Tun_Tavern215
05-03-11, 18:22
Congrats! A buddy of mine just got a G27, makes me want one. Im due for another glock anyway.:cool:

Thanks, there’s always room for another gun, you should definitely get another Glock lol. I’ve wanted one for quite some time and as I mentioned I finally gave in. I’ve been carrying my Sig 229 for about 3 years now, but due to transitioning out the Marine Corps, Leaving Jacksonville NC and returning back to Philly I wanted to go with something more compact for better concealment.

caddishatch
05-03-11, 23:00
Just bought an Glock EXO 27 last week. It is a shooter. Great purchase!

Vegas
05-03-11, 23:48
Wishing I hadn't clicked on this thread. Oh wait, that's my bank balance talking :) I've never seen this model before with the two tone look. I have been considering a Glock for quite some time. This might push me over the edge.

caddishatch
05-03-11, 23:56
I also have the Glock EXO 19- Love the two tone color. Definitely worth the extra cash if you can find one. Makes cleaning easier and it seems to tighten up the gun some.

DeusExMachina
05-04-11, 00:00
I'm a recent Glock convert...it's the only poly pistol in my opinion, after having all the major ones (Keltec, XD, M&P, Kahr).

Edit: Oh, FN too...how could I forget that.

Vegas
05-04-11, 00:16
An FNP-9 is what I have. I bought it because ergonomically it fits well with my hand. That said, the Glock 17 is the pistol I have shot most accurately.

DeusExMachina
05-04-11, 00:25
An FNP-9 is what I have. I bought it because ergonomically it fits well with my hand. That said, the Glock 17 is the pistol I have shot most accurately.

I bought one, magazines wouldn't hold the slide open, contacted FNHUSA and they told me to send it back. Sent me the wrong label for UPS, couldn't get me a right label for a week, I sent it in and they tell me they'll have it a month to replace the followers. Besides that, trigger was awful, the safety/decocker was bad, and the magazines wouldn't drop free.

I bought an M&P while it was gone, sold the FNP9 the second it got back.

Vegas
05-04-11, 00:54
I bought one, magazines wouldn't hold the slide open, contacted FNHUSA and they told me to send it back. Sent me the wrong label for UPS, couldn't get me a right label for a week, I sent it in and they tell me they'll have it a month to replace the followers. Besides that, trigger was awful, the safety/decocker was bad, and the magazines wouldn't drop free.

I bought an M&P while it was gone, sold the FNP9 the second it got back.

I have one magazine that won't lock back the slide, the other two are fine. I have not had any of the other issues you spoke of. Since about 400 rounds out, I have had no malfunctions.

Other than being more accurate with a Glock, the reliability and aftermarket parts and accessories is what attracts me.

Tun_Tavern215
05-04-11, 03:21
Just bought an Glock EXO 27 last week. It is a shooter. Great purchase!

Congrats on your Glock;)How many rounds you put through it? I am assuming no issue since you stated it's a shooter?

Tun_Tavern215
05-04-11, 03:27
Wishing I hadn't clicked on this thread. Oh wait, that's my bank balance talking :) I've never seen this model before with the two tone look. I have been considering a Glock for quite some time. This might push me over the edge.

Self Control Buddy lol I know where you are coming from... I was losing my mind from the variety of Glocks they had at the Gun Show! My opinion, go for it!:D

caddishatch
05-04-11, 08:23
[QUOTE]Congrats on your GlockHow many rounds you put through it? I am assuming no issue since you stated it's a shooter?/QUOTE]

I got it last Wednesday. I have fired 175 rounds through it with no issues. The recoil seems the same as my 23's.

obucina
05-04-11, 08:51
i think my next one will be a '27. How much did you end up paying? The local shops are all listing Gen 4s for 595.

CAVDOC
05-04-11, 08:57
I have had a 27 for about 10 years now. Very reliable and sufficiently accurate ccw. I find it has quite a bit of snap in the recoil department- more than my 1911's or anyof my 9's. If I had to do it again(? when I do it again)I'd go for the 26 - less recoil cheaper practice ammo.

Guns-up.50
05-04-11, 09:10
Nice choice i hope it serves you as well as mine serves me..

Semper Fi brother!

Tun_Tavern215
05-04-11, 16:23
i think my next one will be a '27. How much did you end up paying? The local shops are all listing Gen 4s for 595.

I paid $539 at the Gun Show.

Tun_Tavern215
05-04-11, 16:27
Nice choice i hope it serves you as well as mine serves me..

Semper Fi brother!

OORAH to that!!!

Tun_Tavern215
05-04-11, 16:35
I have had a 27 for about 10 years now. Very reliable and sufficiently accurate ccw. I find it has quite a bit of snap in the recoil department- more than my 1911's or anyof my 9's. If I had to do it again(? when I do it again)I'd go for the 26 - less recoil cheaper practice ammo.

I’ll eventually pick up a 9mm handgun, but am undecided whether a compact or full size version??? I am developing an interest in competitive shooting so definitely want something reliable, accurate and of course budget efficient.

caddishatch
05-04-11, 23:24

I paid $550 for my EXO 27 and it came with Idot pro night sights.

Alex F
05-05-11, 10:19
I'll be picking up a G26 this summer sometime. I'm still debating between Gen 3 and 4.

markm
05-05-11, 10:24
My G27 is a good little gun that's just as easy to shoot as the full sized G22.

Unfortunately it's one of the "E" series frames. I don't shoot it enough to break it so hopefully Glock will still cover any problems that arrise 10 years from now.

709bubblehead
05-05-11, 11:05
I just picked up a Gen 4 G26 a few days ago. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I compared the Gen 3 and Gen 4 side by side. The Gen 4 felt better in my hands, and I like the mag release better than the Gen 3. The price difference between the two was $50, but combine the features of the Gen 4 with the fact that the Gen 4 comes with 3 mags vice 2 and my mind was made up...