PDA

View Full Version : Lower build, parts question

greatblade
05-04-11, 01:56
I have a Noveske N4 lower I am finally going to complete. I will be using a Geissele's SSA trigger. What lower parts kit, assuming the trigger does not come with one, would mate well with the lower and trigger?

Thanks!

Zzzake
05-04-11, 02:28
the best would be http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=GRT-LPK , but its been out of stock ...sadly... i am waiting for it too.

bp7178
05-04-11, 02:33
Well respected seller, great parts.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=GRT-LPK

You can fine tune the options to get the parts you need.

Otherwise, I would go with LMT or CMT.

My most recent AR sports a Noveske matched upper/lower with a CMT LPK and a Geissele S3G trigger.

EDIT: He beat me too it...ha!

HybridHB
05-04-11, 08:56
Id say Daniel Defense is really good as well.

greatblade
05-04-11, 16:37
Thanks! At least I know I'm on the right track. I was going to go with the G&R kit but saw they are out right now. That's why I asked, maybe there are better options. But seeing that the G&R kits are recommended, I'll wait for them to re-stock it.

NavyDavy55
05-04-11, 22:25
I have an AR with Geissele SSA trigger and DPMS LPK.

It's SWEEEEEEEEEEET!

polydeuces
05-05-11, 10:32
Used a DD lpk for my Noveske lower, everything fit just fine.
There are some to be found (Rainier has some I saw)
Good hunting!

Rattlehead
05-05-11, 11:26
I'd recommend LMT.
You should be able to find them at G&R.

polydeuces
05-05-11, 12:16
G&R lpk would and is my first choice, but as has been the case for quite some time, they're out of stock, and considering what has been said, may be also for quite some time.
In all honesty, very little difference - other than the LMT logo on selector. And DD gives you some additional parts (spare) to cover the fly-aways..;-)
So based on what reflects the real world, which is, what is available now, I'd say DD.
Unless of course you're in no hurry whatsoever.

DTHN2LGS
05-05-11, 14:53
I ordered my Option 1 (Option 2 was out of stock) LPK and SSA-E from G & R back in March, I guess I got lucky before they ran out!

ETA: I just went to the website and it doesn't say "Out of stock" anymore!!!

polydeuces
05-05-11, 15:20
Well poop on me...:blink: Earlier this morning they were still out.
Sssssssssst.....be vewwy vewwy quit....let's owdew some lowew pawt kits.....

SomeOtherGuy
05-05-11, 15:22
Looks like G&R is back in stock as noted above.

My first choice (among reasonably priced options*) would be G&R, with DD a close second. Those two cost only a few bucks more than lower end parts kits and IMHO are easily worth the few dollars (literally only $10-20 depending what you're comparing them to). All the more so if you want a GI style trigger.

*Apparently you can sometimes get Colt and LMT parts kits, but the prices I've seen are multiples of the prices for the G&R and DD kits.

I expect a Stag/CMT kit is fine too, but the cost difference is so small compared to G&R or DD. I've also used various lower end LPK like DPMS, Del-Ton, and DoubleStar, and the quality ones above are measurably better. Things fit, they fit properly, and they go in with the right amount of force.

C4IGrant
05-05-11, 16:24
G&R lpk would and is my first choice, but as has been the case for quite some time, they're out of stock, and considering what has been said, may be also for quite some time.
In all honesty, very little difference - other than the LMT logo on selector. And DD gives you some additional parts (spare) to cover the fly-aways..;-)
So based on what reflects the real world, which is, what is available now, I'd say DD.
Unless of course you're in no hurry whatsoever.

They are back in stock now.

C4