PDA

View Full Version : CT grips and lefties

eflatlander
05-04-11, 10:57
I have a G19 with ct lazer grips and they just don't work for me! My question is, I just got a J frame 442 anybody have any experience with them? Left hand of course.

interfan
05-04-11, 11:33
As long as they are either front activation or have dual side pads, then it shouldn't matter. I have them on a Sig and they work well left or right. I don't know about a J-Frame specifically, but you can call CTC and they can tell you.

gringop
05-04-11, 13:15
As long as they are either front activation or have dual side pads, then it shouldn't matter. I have them on a Sig and they work well left or right. I don't know about a J-Frame specifically, but you can call CTC and they can tell you.

What kind of lefty 2 handed grip do you use that doesn't block the beam? Cup and Saucer?

I've never seen a CT grip that works well for lefties, even on a Jframe.

To the OP, paint the front sight orange, paint the back sight black and shoot that little snub. Sell the CT to pay for ammo or training.

Gringop

Guns-up.50
05-04-11, 17:11
What kind of lefty 2 handed grip do you use that doesn't block the beam? Cup and Saucer?

To the OP, paint the front sight orange, paint the back sight black and shoot that little snub. Sell the CT to pay for ammo or training.

Gringop

+1, we left handers are"left" out of the loop in quite a bit of shooting things this being one. I sold my ctc's on my 1911 because i would have needed to alter my safety and even then my support hand blocked the laser. I do use a slightly differnt grip with revolvers though (support thumb on top) this might give you some clearence for the laser, im not a 100% i dont shoot them that often. That being said save you money and get a good set of night sights

Guns-up.50
05-04-11, 17:18

Gringop

+1 we south paws are left out quite a bit. I had to sell my ctc's for my 1911 i would have had to alter the safety and even then my support hand blocked the laser. I use a differnt grip with revolvers (support thumb on top) this might give you clearence for the laser not a 100 % sure though. I agree with the previous statement save your money and maybe get a good set of night sights.

Guns-up.50
05-04-11, 17:22
sorry about the double post im a dumb ass i left to get my daughter and thought i deleted the first one ignore me please :confused:

interfan
05-04-11, 19:11

Gringop

Actually I am a right hander, but train left sometimes just to be proficient. I have to drop my thumbs down a little and almost do modified revolver grip (close to cup and saucer) to not block the beam. It isn't the best, but it does work. I wouldn't want it for a primary grip and couldn't have any expectation of accuracy for anything stronger than a 9mm.

I see your point and agree with you. CTC should make left handed grips or at least offer something better.

I'm not a wheelgun guy, but I think I saw something about a high mounted Insight laser on a revolver at Shot Show. Was this a S&W or something else?

titsonritz
05-04-11, 19:58
I am a lefty, and had no problem using the Crimson Trace Laser grip I owned. I no longer have them, can’t remember the model number and I believe they are now discontinued. They were a hard polymer, front activation and would fit K, L and N frame round butts. I had them for a time on a 65, 686 and a 610. I used a curled thumbs hold which seems natural to me with a revolver anyhow. Never tried one a J frame.

blackboar
05-05-11, 19:20
As a lefty, I agree wholeheartedly. CT grips just don't work for lefties who use their regular grip. With that in mind, however, I can see them work on a j-frame. Since it's usually in the role of a BUG, when you have deploy the weapon, there will be a higher chance that it'll be a very stressful situation and there is a higher chance that you may be firing melee to short range with one hand. In that scenario, the laser would be invaluable. The laser would not be impeded by firing strong hand only or support hand only.