PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity to buy a Bulgarian AK74

Marc
10-06-07, 03:06
Hello to all from Belgium.

I'v the opportunity to buy an brand new original Bulgarian AK74 (10 into a circle marking) for around $420.00.

I would like the advise of this forum experts about these rifles. I just know Bulgarian are top AK's. What else?

As that rifle have a fixed stock what brand of folding can be fitted on? where to find it?

Many thanks in advance.
Marc.

TOrrock
10-06-07, 08:41
I honestly don't know the pricing in Europe for one, but one of my moderators on AKForum is in the Netherlands and I think he bought an AKS-74 (factory side folder) for something equivalent to $600 USD.

If the money is fair then I would definitely pick it up. An AK-74 is a very smooth shooting little carbine, a lot of fun.

You can fit an East German, Romanian, or Polish side folder to the rifle without any modification to the rifle, simply replace the fixed buttstock with it. To be honest though, I'd stick with the fixed stock for shootability, the wire side folders aren't the most comfortable.

The triangular folder found on an AKS-74 requires major surgery to install on a fixed stock receiver, you might want to speak with a gunsmith familiar with the AK system and what he would charge to do that.

Best of luck!

Marc
10-06-07, 10:29
Templar,

Following what you say about the price for an AKS74 in the Netherlands It seem that the price asked for the one I can buy is more than "correct".

Concerning the stock it was just to know. I have to admit that the fixed one should be better for practice!

Many thanks for your very fast reply.
Marc.