PDA

View Full Version : 3rd gen trigger bar in 4th gen Glock incompatability?

andy t
05-04-11, 20:49
I recently got a 4th gen Glock 19. After putting a few hundred problem free rounds through it, I modified the trigger by:
Installing ghost connector, NY1 spring and a Gen 3 trigger bar with a smooth trigger.
I haven't had a chance to fire this combo yet. However, when I went to disassemble it, after pulling the slide back into armorer's grip, and depressing the slide lock down, as I started to slide the slide forward, it would not until after I pressed the trigger again.
After I got the slide off, I also noticed marks left in the top of the trigger bar by the firing pin.
I thought that gen 3 trigger bars were compatible with gen 4? Could it be the combination of spring and trigger bar causing this?
Does anybody else use gen 3 trigger bars in gen 4 Glocks?

Thanks!

Magsz
05-04-11, 21:13
Its the NY1 spring pushing up on the trigger bar which is catching your striker

Dont sweat it.

Hold the trigger to the rear and pull/push your slide off.

Apparently the Gen 4 trigger bars were redesigned for the SF frames but the Gen 3's still work great...arguably better.

andy t
05-04-11, 21:14
Thanks. That makes sense, as I noticed a much more positive reset with NY1 spring.

demkofour
05-04-11, 21:44
Running my Gen4 G19 with NY-1 trigger spring, (-) connector and a Gen3 G17 trigger. Ran fine during dry firing and during department quals, ran like a champ...

Magic_Salad0892
05-05-11, 12:41
Gen3 trigger bars like Gen4 guns, but you have to hold the trigger back for takedown.

Gen4 trigger bars DO NOT like Gen3 guns.

Magsz
05-05-11, 13:11
Gen3 trigger bars like Gen4 guns, but you have to hold the trigger back for takedown.

Gen4 trigger bars DO NOT like Gen3 guns.

You do not have to hold the trigger back unless you're using a NY1 spring.

When the trigger is depressed after clearing the firearm the trigger bar is low enough to not catch on the striker.

With the NY1 spring, due to its tension, it pushes up on the trigger bar resulting in it catching the striker. Holding the trigger to the rear with your NY1 spring keeps the trigger bar fully depressed and in its lowest position preventing it from allowing the NY1 spring to raise it.

Every other combo ive tried in my Gen 4 G19 works like "normal" during field stripping.

Magic_Salad0892
05-05-11, 18:07
I wrote that post with NY1 in mind. Sorry, I should have specified.

I've never shot a Gen4 without the NY1 installed.