PDA

View Full Version : USS Michael Murphy: Navy SEAL Honored With Warship

Packman73
05-05-11, 10:02
A true hero...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/uss-michael-murphy-navy-seal-honored-with-warship-bearing-his-name/

theblackknight
05-05-11, 13:02
Awesome.

Rest easy Murph

Mr. Goodtimes
05-05-11, 18:05
**** yea.

Rest in peace, brother.

SeriousStudent
05-05-11, 20:00
I have a copy of the book "SEAL of Honor", which documents Lt. Murphy's life and heroism. It's quite a good read, especially if you have read "Lone Survivor" as well.

Marcus Luttrell is working with some movie folks to do a film about Operation Red Wing. I believe it will be a faithful account of that battle.

ForTehNguyen
05-05-11, 20:07
what a hero, thanks for the story

Safetyhit
05-06-11, 11:29
You know, I've had the privilege to meet a number of both famous and fascinating people in my 42 years. But there is one person who will likely never be replaced in my mind as the most worthy adult human being I have ever encountered. Michael Murphy's father Daniel is that man, someone I will absolutely never forget.

I had the opportunity to speak with him at some length during a Spec Ops convention in Tampa last summer. I just hoped he'd sign a copy of of Michael's story "SEAL Of Honor" for me like he had done for others, but I got much more. An even greater gift.

He talked at length with me about numerous things and made me feel like we had known each other for years. His demeanor was so pleasantly genuine, his kindness so overt. The way he spoke, the attitude he conveyed, the goodness and strength in him were astounding to me. It's almost impossible to convey here what it was like talking to that man. I could only imagine what life would have been like with a father such as him.

He told me where he lived in Long Island and said that if I ever needed a place to stay or anything in the area to call him. I didn't call for either of those reasons, but I did call him and told him what a memorable honor it was to have talked to him and consider him a friend. Once again, he was very gracious.

There's nothing more I can really say except that I now completely and totally understand where Michael got his strengths from. I hope to have the extreme privilege to see that man again and also hope that I can be just enough of a father to my son to live somewhere in his shadow.

Thank-you for sharing the link with us.

Packman73
05-06-11, 12:24

My pleasure. :)

SeriousStudent
05-06-11, 19:28
You know, I've had the privilege to meet a number of both famous and fascinating people in my 42 years. But there is one person who will likely never be replaced in my mind as the most worthy adult human being I have ever encountered. Michael Murphy's father Daniel is that man, someone I will absolutely never forget.

I had the opportunity to speak with him at some length during a Spec Ops convention in Tampa last summer. I just hoped he'd sign a copy of of Michael's story "SEAL Of Honor" for me like he had done for others, but I got much more. An even greater gift.

He talked at length with me about numerous things and made me feel like we had known each other for years. His demeanor was so pleasantly genuine, his kindness so overt. The way he spoke, the attitude he conveyed, the goodness and strength in him were astounding to me. It's almost impossible to convey here what it was like talking to that man. I could only imagine what life would have been like with a father such as him.

He told me where he lived in Long Island and said that if I ever needed a place to stay or anything in the area to call him. I didn't call for either of those reasons, but I did call him and told him what a memorable honor it was to have talked to him and consider him a friend. Once again, he was very gracious.

There's nothing more I can really say except that I now completely and totally understand where Michael got his strengths from. I hope to have the extreme privilege to see that man again and also hope that I can be just enough of a father to my son to live somewhere in his shadow.

The apple does not fall far from the tree. I am unsurprised that Mr. Murphy was such a kind and gracious man, considering the fine man his son was.

Heroes never truly die, as long as we honor their memories.

kittyhawk
05-07-11, 20:52
Great read, Thanks for posting.

usmcvet
05-07-11, 23:29
A true group of Warriors and Heroes! I read Lone Survivor excellent book.

Safetyhit
06-09-11, 19:58
I watched this again after some time and thought that in light of my comment above it was worth sharing. Daniel speaks several times throughout the clip, but to be honest I think it does him little justice.

Either way, it's a great view and most here should enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P502KL4zT5k

VooDoo6Actual
06-09-11, 20:17
A worthy HONOR indeed
fair winds & following seas Warrior
Valhalla awaits....