PDA

View Full Version : Basic Carbine/Vickers Shooting Method 22 October 2011, Carthage NC

NCPatrolAR
05-05-11, 16:37
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/DefConNC/VSM/VSM.jpg

Defensive Concepts North Carolina will be teaching our 1 day VSM/Basic Carbine course on 22 October 2011 in Carthage, NC. If anyone is interested or has questions; feel free to contact me through site PM or email me at chris@defensiveconceptsnc.com .

You can sign up for the course by clicking on the course title here. (http://defensiveconceptsnc.com/schedule.html)

Here is a brief run down on the courses:

The Basic Carbine course is designed to provide each student with the core skills needed to properly use the carbine in a safe and effective manner in defensive situations. The course is taught using the Vickers Shooting Method and covers the following topics: marksmanship fundamentals, carbine manipulations, and extensive shooting drills at various distances using several shooting positions.

The following principles will be strongly reinforced throughout the course:

Know and adhere to the real world safety rules that govern professional firearms handling.
Only accurate hits on target can decide the fight in your favor – therefore accuracy is King.
You are accountable for every round you fire – squeeze the trigger as if your life depends on it because it does.

The course tuition is $175 which includes a range fee for use of the facility we will be shooting at.

Students will need:

1 semi-auto carbine (AR15, AK variant, Mini-14, etc) with a Minimum of 3 Magazines (.22LR and pistol caliber carbines are acceptable)
A method of carrying 2 magazines on the firing line
500 Rounds of Ammunition
Pen/Pencil and Paper
Ear and Eye Protection
Hand cleaner might be a good thing too

We will also be teaching a Carbine: Shooting on the Move course on 23 October for those that are interested.

Completion of this course will enable students to take the Level 1 Carbine course offered by Vickers Tactical with no further training requirement. Course completion also qualifies students to take part in any intermediate carbine courses or proficiency modules offered by Defensive Concepts.

NCPatrolAR
07-03-11, 23:09
A few openings left

NCPatrolAR
09-23-11, 14:18
still have a few spots open