PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Tube Spring (Benelli)

ZGXtreme
10-06-07, 14:21
On my M4 I have the factory/L.E. two round extention. Since installing it on my gun the last round has always hung up. I am assuming that I need a stronger spring to handle the increased length of the tube.

What are the better products out there that could correct this problem and work with the Benelli and M4?

BMMC
11-04-07, 23:09
Numrich sells a spring for your needs.

Robb Jensen
11-05-07, 05:17
Check with Brownells (a site sponsor here) (www.Brownells.com)

I believe you're looking for this part:
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=6265&title=MAGAZINE+SPRING%2c+LONG&s=15390#15390

ZGXtreme
11-05-07, 10:41
Check with Brownells (a site sponsor here) (www.Brownells.com)

I believe you're looking for this part:
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=6265&title=MAGAZINE+SPRING%2c+LONG&s=15390#15390

Thanks, I may give it a shot. One more question. Could the follower also induce such a malfunction? I am led to think not or else I would hear more of this happening in M4s but I see the aftermarket followers and am wondering if that too would help rid myself of this malfunction.

82ndtrooper
11-24-07, 15:31
On my M4 I have the factory/L.E. two round extention. Since installing it on my gun the last round has always hung up. I am assuming that I need a stronger spring to handle the increased length of the tube.

What are the better products out there that could correct this problem and work with the Benelli and M4?

I have the same problem with the Benelli M1 Super 90. I purchased the factory extended shot shell tube from Cals Sporting Armory and it came with the follower the spring.

There's just simply not enough tension on the spring to push the last shell out and onto the carriage so the bolt can cycle it into the bore. I usually just give the carriage a tap and it seems to release the shell onto the carriage. I can then cycle the bolt and fire off the last round.

Thanks guy's for the rec's on the where to get a spring. Just wondering if the tension is any better than the factory spring that I recieved with my factory tube 7+1.

Street Survival
01-20-08, 08:41
The Brownells extended factory spring will correct the problem.