PDA

View Full Version : Keep Mike in your prayers

graffex
05-06-11, 13:08
Just found out today a guy who I know Mike, was found in the woods or a park in PG county, a ghetto area around D.C. shot in the head with a crossbow. Details are still sketchy at the moment, but from what I know so far he was shot twice in the head with a crossbow managed to walk some distance and pull one arrow out before collapsing and then was found by park rangers. He is going through surgery now apparently. I have no idea what the heck happened as of right now but he has a wife and a young boy, and is in need of some prayers :(

nickdrak
05-06-11, 13:12
Prayers sent for Mike and his family.

Honu
05-06-11, 14:02
Wow freaky

prayers sent

Sry0fcr
05-06-11, 14:03
Hope he pulls though.

Safetyhit
05-06-11, 18:33
My sincerest condolences, prayer sent. Must be terrible right now for the family.

I must have the courage to say that 2 survivable crossbow shots to the head, this in a relatively urban area, seems rather odd. There's probably a lot to the situation yet to be uncovered.

13MPG
05-06-11, 18:43
Prayers sent.

Keep us posted.

Scoby
05-06-11, 18:50
Done.

I don't know what this world is coming to.

Suwannee Tim
05-06-11, 21:01
I don't know what this world is coming to.

I do. I think. I know for sure I don't like it. Prayers for your friend.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-07-11, 02:17
My sincerest condolences, prayer sent. Must be terrible right now for the family.

I must have the courage to say that 2 survivable crossbow shots to the head, this in a relatively urban area, seems rather odd. There's probably a lot to the situation yet to be uncovered.

The perverse outcomes of gun control?

All the best for your buddy and his family.

Pumpkinheaver
05-07-11, 11:34
I'll keep him in my prayers.

graffex
05-07-11, 15:58
Still haven't heard anything new yet, trying to figure out how he is doing.

Magic_Salad0892
05-08-11, 05:27
Prayers inbound.

platoonDaddy
05-08-11, 07:44
My prayers are with your friend.

Being a news junkie and living outside the confines of PG County, I haven't heard anything about this incident. Even searched the Post archives (keyword = crossbow) and no hits. Very strange.

Hopefully your friend will have a full recovery.

montanadave
05-08-11, 07:53
I also looked for more information and thought it odd that an incident like this would not get picked up by the local news. No mention by PD or SD either.

Regardless, best wishes to your friend and his family.

Armati
05-08-11, 08:40
Totally weird. If you said he was shot in the parking lot of a PG county McDonalds, that would make perfect sense. But a crossbow in a PG county park? Unheard of.

graffex
05-08-11, 11:50
Yeah, I haven't seen anything in the news about it either. I know a lot of things happen around here that isn't reported in the news though.

Honu
05-08-11, 12:46
reminds me of Maui where tons of stuff does not ever make the news :)
Keeps tourists thinking its paradise ? :)

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-08-11, 22:26
Maybe crossbow attacks are only announced by the town crier?

Was he hit by poachers or something? That might make sense for one bolt, but to be hit twice?