PDA

View Full Version : several training questions....

jmoore
10-06-07, 16:12
Having joined the list a week or two back after getting my first AR carbine, I now am beginning to look for training. Any & all feedback on the following questions will be greatly appreciated.

1) Is The Site still training civies? I know Blackwater "leased" the facility for all of 07, but what about 08? I've sent e-mails to both The Site and to BW, but have yet to receive a reply from either.

2) While I would prefer to train closer (i.e, within driving distance) to central Illinois, I certainly wouldn't mind heading back to Gunsite. I was very impressed with their 250 and 350 courses. Question: Is the Gunsite Lodge still in business? It is VERY close to the ranges - and a nice place. I know they had a falling out with Gunsite, and haven't been "listed" on the lodging list for quite a few years. I can't find them on a Google search however. I can find a Ravens Roost Bunk House - and I'm wondering if that is the renamed lodge? Still can't get a link to work that has a phone number, though.

3) Gunsite lists a few 3-day carbine training classes in Indiana. Anyone know where that might be?

4) Finally - any other places you would suggest that are within a days drive of central Illinois? Am looking for anything between March/April and August.

Many thanks!!!!!

john

Submariner
10-06-07, 16:22
3) Gunsite lists a few 3-day carbine training classes in Indiana. Anyone know where that might be?

This would most likely be the Boone County Sheriff's Dept. Contact Sheriff Ken Campbell here to get on his mailing list:

KCampbell@co.boone.in.us

Boone County is about 20 miles NW of Indy on I-65.

Louis Awerbuck is there every August. Pat Rogers, Bill Jeans and others regularly provide training. See Ken's article in the new SWAT (November issue?), the one with FJB and an M249 SAW on the cover.