PDA

View Full Version : S&W 9mms Models 39 and 915

Fail-Safe
05-06-11, 17:25
I was kicking around the idea of a small truck pistol, and these both felt nice in the hand, the 39 feeling quite nice actually.

I was at a local police supply store this week, and wandered over to the used gun section. They had a real nice S&W 39 for $240, and a 915 for $260. Both of them were in nice shape, the 39 being in the nicest. The 39 also had a nice double action trigger whereas the 915s DA trigger was vicious. Both had mag disconnects.

What was the quality like on these 2 pistols?

Can the mag disconnects be removed?

Are they pistols of decent quality?

Any issues, thoughts, comments, or concerns?

brushy bill
05-06-11, 20:01
I was kicking around the idea of a small truck pistol, and these both felt nice in the hand, the 39 feeling quite nice actually.

I was at a local police supply store this week, and wandered over to the used gun section. They had a real nice S&W 39 for $240, and a 915 for $260. Both of them were in nice shape, the 39 being in the nicest. The 39 also had a nice double action trigger whereas the 915s DA trigger was vicious. Both had mag disconnects.

What was the quality like on these 2 pistols?

Can the mag disconnects be removed?

Are they pistols of decent quality?

Any issues, thoughts, comments, or concerns?

I liked the 39. Some earlier versions had extractor issues until they changed it in later iterations.

TOrrock
05-06-11, 20:24
Hit the search because I knew we've talked M39's before and M4arc's old thread popped up.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=53934

Between the two, I'd definitely take the 915 for it's capacity and much more modern design/manufacture. It should feed the better JHP's no problem, and mags aren't an issue either.