PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Shotgun Light?

Submariner
10-06-07, 16:30
I just acquired a used M500A (I know, REAL men shoot 870's).:rolleyes: There is no way to apply Rule #4 without a light. So, I need input on which light to select. My M590 has an original SF fore end with pressure pad only. Your thoughts are appreciated.

toddackerman
10-17-07, 18:40
I just acquired a used M500A (I know, REAL men shoot 870's).:rolleyes: There is no way to apply Rule #4 without a light. So, I need input on which light to select. My M590 has an original SF fore end with pressure pad only. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Pretty much within the serious shotgun community, SureFire is the only way to go. They have proven time and again to be able to hold up to extensive 12GA Combat loads without fail.

I had a 590 with the original style SF Forend with just the pressure pad. It worked well, but sometimes would get activated in transport. No big deal. I just started loosening the light module to where it couldn't be activated.

I have since sold that gun, and have an 870 that needed a light and I opted for the SF with the Pad, and the on/ off switch because I found one LNIB for $180.00. It should be here by Friday 10/ 19. The model with the deactivation switch is pretty expensive, (around $300.00 I think) and I don't think necessary IF you use the method I described above to prevent accidental White Light discharge.

Grant can order anything you need from SureFire. www.gandrtactical.com

Tack

11B101ABN
10-20-07, 22:11
Pretty much within the serious shotgun community, SureFire is the only way to go. They have proven time and again to be able to hold up to extensive 12GA Combat loads without fail.

I had a 590 with the original style SF Forend with just the pressure pad. It worked well, but sometimes would get activated in transport. No big deal. I just started loosening the light module to where it couldn't be activated.

I have since sold that gun, and have an 870 that needed a light and I opted for the SF with the Pad, and the on/ off switch because I found one LNIB for $180.00. It should be here by Friday 10/ 19. The model with the deactivation switch is pretty expensive, (around $300.00 I think) and I don't think necessary IF you use the method I described above to prevent accidental White Light discharge.

Grant can order anything you need from SureFire. www.gandrtactical.com

Tack

I have had the same on my 870for several years now and it had plenty of dents and dings so to speak. Has never failed me when I needed it.