PDA

View Full Version : Lower receiver quality

z28bryan
05-06-11, 20:46
Recently i put together an AR 15 using BCM upper, bcg, and charging handle. However i had a DPMS lower already so i put it togething using that lower. Fits together well minimal play between upper and lower so i was wondering. Anything i should change out? Havent heard much about differences between manufacturers on thier lower receivers. The DPMS is forged 7075-t6 aluminum. Any ideas on this subject.

Shiz
05-06-11, 20:58
Its fine, really, if it works, keep it.

jsummers
05-06-11, 21:02
Its fine, really, if it works, keep it.

What Shiz says, but be prepared to be berated for having a DPMS lower.

z28bryan
05-06-11, 21:09

Oh i know, but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on the subject as lower receivers arent really discussed much. Unfortunatley it also has a UTG 6 postion stock on it as well (putting on my flame suit now) :laugh: maybe need to get a new buffer and spring since it is UTG. Went over budget buying the BCM parts.

Terlingueno
05-06-11, 21:12

I am prepared for the same since I used a stripped Double Star lower...

I didn't however, paint the dragon...

aklaunch
05-06-11, 21:21
I think those DS Uterus lowers are sweet looking.

Ak44
05-06-11, 21:25
Run a couple hundred rounds through the gun and reassess the setup.

TOrrock
05-06-11, 21:28
Just taking a wild stab here guys, you didn't use the Search button near the top-right of the page......

Not trying to be a dick, but in the 5 years this forum has been up and running, it's been discussed a couple of times.

Terlingueno
05-06-11, 21:29
Run a couple hundred rounds through the gun and reassess the setup.

500 rounds so far and no issues whatsoever. How can the lower shell cause problems if the parts all fit and function properly?

z28bryan
05-06-11, 21:41
I had a feeling this thread would take this turn quickly. Just to be honest i dont see where a properly forged lower would in any way affect the business end upper. Serioulsy guys i agree upper reciever quality is paramount and i would'nt go with a lower tier on that but seriously AK44..... Take an olympic runner pull his nike shoes off and throw some starter shoes on.. my guess is he's still going to run fast but according to you AK44 he's going to only run 1 mph then his feet are going to explode. Sorry for the stupid analogy.

The Cat
05-06-11, 21:43
I am prepared for the same since I used a stripped Double Star lower...

I didn't however, paint the dragon...

Mine's a Stag, and I didn't paint the deer.

TOrrock
05-06-11, 21:45
Are you trying to stir some shit up? Seriously?

No one has said that your DPMS lower is going to fall to pieces. As long as the geometry is correct, and you used a good quality lower parts kit, it should work fine.

I'd get a higher quality stock at the soonest opportunity.

z28bryan
05-06-11, 21:47
Not trying to stir anything up just looking for sound advice. I definatley agree on the stock, not happy that a UTG is on it at all.

tgace
05-06-11, 21:49
Can someone name the "dangers" of an in spec, "Low Tier Lower"? As long as the mags go in and out without issue what is the worst that can happen with a lower???

TOrrock
05-06-11, 21:49
Not trying to stir anything up just looking for sound advice. I definatley agree on the stock, not happy that a UTG is on it at all.

In that case please use the orange search button up top on the right hand side. There have been more than a few threads on the subject.

I'm locking this down since we've discussed this numerous times over the years.