PDA

View Full Version : M223 and BUIS?

ChetPunisher
05-06-11, 21:17
I have a M223 Point Blank with AD Recon QD. I have spike's rear BUIS made by Sampson. It will not fit under the scope. I was wondering if anyone is running a BUIS with a 223? I would rather not push the scope forward. Any ideas?

kmrtnsn
05-06-11, 21:25
You can't run BUIS with a scope more than 1.5 X, you can't see the front sight through it. Your alternatives are a red dot on an angle mount or the new Surefire BUIS.

ChetPunisher
05-06-11, 21:30
The scope is mounted on Quick Dismounts. The whole reason for Back Up Iron Sights is so that when or if the scope is not needed I can fall back on iron sights. At least that is what I am planning on...

duece71
05-06-11, 21:32
I bought an M-223 and tired a BUIS with a Magpul rear sight. Nope, didn't work.....I ended up leaving the Magpul rear sight on and taking off the M-223. The M-223 doesn't have a home right now, still trying to figure out what I want to do with it. Good luck. P.S. I used a Fixed FS and I agree, under 1.5x you will see the FS but I found that it didn't bother me too much.....yet I did end up removing the M-223 anyway..:rolleyes:

ChetPunisher
05-06-11, 21:51
Just so we are clear, I don't want to use the BUIS with the scope. I just want to have them there for when or if I need them.

kmrtnsn
05-06-11, 22:08
Take a look at the Surefire sights.

Biggy
05-06-11, 23:52
I am using the KAC 300 micro rear sight under my M223 scope in a Larue LT-104 mount. It was the only one i could find that had clearance for the scopes large diameter eyepiece and thick walled fip-up lens cover.

Spiffums
05-07-11, 06:06
I think *(not really sure) that I have the Nikon mount for the M233 and my Magpul sight fits under it. I will try to post a good picture of it later today.

ChetPunisher
05-07-11, 18:35
I ended up moving the mount forward and it just clears the rear sight. So, I guess I'm GTG. Would rather have the scope closer, but it still works great.

Fried Chicken Blowout
05-07-11, 20:37
I ended up going to the Gen 2 MBUS to get a lower profile to fit under my Burris 1-4. It fits fine, you might want to look into that.

ChetPunisher
05-07-11, 20:40
Thanks for the suggestion. I need to save up some and maybe I'll switch.

Nightvisionary
05-08-11, 04:07
I have the Spikes with Sampson BUIS and had to work through this same issue. I ended up going with the ADM recon H. You will either need to switch to a lower profile BUIS or exchange your mount for a recon H which is 1.93 high.The Sampson is one of the taller mounts when folded, because the aperature does not fold flat. You will have the same issue with the Larue cantilever mount as I spoke with their rep as well. So either swap the BUIS or get a 1.93 high mount.

ChetPunisher
05-08-11, 06:39
I moved the mount all the way forward and it does fit with the exception that I can't put the flip cover on the back. That darn retical! I probably will just sell the spikes and get a MBUS.

ChetPunisher
05-15-11, 17:20
So I'm getting a Magpul MBUS. I have to be able to have the scope farther back. The Spikes/Samson allows me to mount in front of it, but I can't be above it or behind it. The switching reticle gets in the way. So it is off the rifle now. Waiting for the mailman to being the MBUS.