PDA

View Full Version : Remington Golden Saber 124gr +P

Mr. Goodtimes
05-07-11, 00:16
Are these gtg for carry ammo? I wasn't able to find anything on them around here. I know doc recommends the 147's but, my local wally world carries the 124+p so I've been considering picking some up to stash, maybe use as a carry load in my P30 if they perform well.

TN-popo
05-15-11, 03:05
Not the latest and greatest and not my first choice, but I wouldn't feel hampered if they were in my gun.

Rampant Colt
05-17-11, 20:14
Those were remarkably accurate in my old FEG P-35. I certainly had no qualms about using them for home and self-defense.

Are better choices available? Yes. If it's all they have on hand and you need some defensive 9mm JHP, by all means get 'em!

tpd223
05-18-11, 21:03
I carried these for quite awhile, until we started to issue the 124gr +P Gold Dot.

They were accurate in my guns, reliable, and I knew of several OISs where they were used to good effect and worked as advertised.

Mr. Goodtimes
05-18-11, 23:03
Thanks for the info guys. I have some Ranger 124gr +p that I use in my P30 and am going to pick up some 147gr +p HST to try out for a carry load. The local Walmart sells 124gr +P Golden Sabres though so I thought maybe they would be good for stashing away as they are cheap and readily available. I could just pick up a couple boxes when I'm in wally world.