PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Command Arm Accessories?

Plastic Fantastic
10-06-07, 20:52
Has anyone installed CAA products on their M4, such as polymer rail handguards, foward grips, etc....? If so, what's the quality? I see they also have aluminum rail handguards, but I figure the polymer ones would keep the weight down.

bushmasterar15
10-06-07, 21:03
I've only seen their product's never used them.

Shihan
10-07-07, 03:45
Junk, junk, junk and did I mention JUNK!

czydj
10-07-07, 06:46
Anyone used Command Arm Accessories?

Just for fun, I put their pistol grip on. It appeared well made and fits my hand nicely. It definitely feels better than the rectangular piece of plastic that came on it... Which of their offerings are you specifically referring to?

Gunfixr
10-07-07, 11:56
I have one of their grips on mine. It seems ok, plenty thick and solid enough. Don't know about any of the other stuff.

I'm not sure about polymer railed handguards. It would depend on what you want to attach to them.

Moose
10-07-07, 12:00

Care to share? Their prices don't seem to reflect cheap and nasty.

kbrdann
10-07-07, 15:07
I have there pistol grip on my AR and i am very happy with it.

Shihan
10-07-07, 17:00
Their pistol grip looks good. In the beginning of my AR dealer days and was getting into the biz I use to sel CAA products. The rails were out of spec, loose etc. I had some customers return the plastic railed forarms because they melted. VFG's snapped.
It looks like some of their newer offerings are better made.

Don Robison
10-07-07, 17:10
Their pistol grip looks good.

I haven't used the AR one, but I have one on my AK. I like it better than the Ergo grip.
I have been using Hogue grips on my ARs for a few years, but ordered a CAA to try on one I'm putting together now.

madryan
10-07-07, 20:37
I haven't used the AR one, but I have one on my AK. I like it better than the Ergo grip.
I have been using Hogue grips on my ARs for a few years, but ordered a CAA to try on one I'm putting together now.

I think I have one of their VFG's around and it seems to work OK... I'd probably rather have something else tho...

Plastic Fantastic
10-07-07, 21:40
Thanks for the replies. Here are a couple of images of what I am interested in installing. Price $254.99

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w39/ER_Monkey/CAAforend.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w39/ER_Monkey/CAArifle.jpg

Don Robison
10-07-07, 21:44
The Larue FF tube is cheaper and proven.

KWACKERB279
10-07-07, 22:54
Buddy of mine stuck one of there stocks on his Socom and although it seems pretty well made and he seems to like I personally don't like there style, but I guess it's not all about me, is it?:D

madryan
10-08-07, 21:16
The Larue FF tube is cheaper and proven.

I love my Larue! I've owned Troy and MI stuff, but my Larue is the nicest.

taliv
10-08-07, 21:32
their SRS stock looks pretty sexy
(http://www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=116&cID=57)

but I'm a little skeptical. I get the feeling it would take an extra 60 seconds or so to get all those moving parts situated to taste every time you laid down or got up to take a shot.

to separate me from 400 of my dollars, it would have to have a pair of those memory buttons like my car for different drivers that adjust all the powered controls on the seats. :)

but I would be interested to hear any personal experiences with the SRS

sonrider657
10-09-07, 19:04
I would recommend CAA ... to my enemy.

Wait, Jesus said to love your enemy. So much for my recommendation.

Shihan
10-09-07, 19:52
I would recommend CAA ... to my enemy.

Wait, Jesus said to love your enemy. So much for my recommendation.

LMAO!

Plastic Fantastic
10-09-07, 20:02
their SRS stock looks pretty sexy
(http://www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=116&cID=57)

but I'm a little skeptical. I get the feeling it would take an extra 60 seconds or so to get all those moving parts situated to taste every time you laid down or got up to take a shot.

to separate me from 400 of my dollars, it would have to have a pair of those memory buttons like my car for different drivers that adjust all the powered controls on the seats. :)

but I would be interested to hear any personal experiences with the SRS

I would imagine that you would already have the cheek rest and butt pad adjusted and only need to lower the monopod into position. Their stuff looks pretty good, but I just wanted to know if anyone guinea piged it yet.

taliv
10-09-07, 20:05
so it stays like that? hard to tell from the flash animation. seems like it would snag on everything.

Plastic Fantastic
10-09-07, 20:19
It only makes sense. You wouldn't want to drop to the ground and start farting around with adjusting the stock. The only thing you would have to do is open up the bipod and monopod and shoot. CAA states that this is used by the "Israeli special forces".

Ofc.JL
10-11-07, 17:56
Hello All,
In reference to the CAA products discussion, I can say that the M16MC twin mag clamp they sell can and does break. I did the "Slap the Mag" thing to set back fresh rounds loaded into 30rd MiL Mags and both of the straps on the clamp broke with a loud pop. Did I have it too tight on the mags? Maybe, but with the clamp made out of plastic, how tight is too tight? And, I didn't "Hammer" the mags hard, just a light bump. I was very suprised when it happened. Dumped a "Full" mag on the deck, instantly! Anyway, to their credit, CAA will warranty the clamp, no questions asked. I really like the design of the clamp but after this, it's Mag-Cinch for me.

Plastic Fantastic
10-11-07, 19:21
Ofc.JL, Thanks for the reply. I guess I won't be ordering the mag clamp, but it is good to know that they make good on their stuff.

Line Rider
10-12-07, 20:32
I recently purchase a CAA check pad. After having it on my rifle for about 20 to 30 minutes I took it off and returned it. It felt cheap and looked even cheaper. I've decided to wait for Vltor of shipping the commercial EMOD stocks.

Is CAA part or owned by the same company as FOBUS?

KintlaLake
10-12-07, 21:11
I recently purchase a CAA check pad. After having it on my rifle for about 20 to 30 minutes I took it off and returned it. It felt cheap and looked even cheaper. I've decided to wait for Vltor of shipping the commercial EMOD stocks.

If you're talking about the CAA saddle/cheekrest/storage gizmo, I installed that (along with a generic slip-on rubber butt pad) on my S&W as a temporary alternative to a high-zoot Vltor or Magpul stock.

Does the CCA saddle feel cheap? Compared to the Vltor and Magpul pieces, you bet it does -- but 'til a complete stock works its way to the top of my wish list, it's absolutely perfect.

At the top of my wish list right now is trigger time. The cheekrest/buttpad combo has helped me establish a repeatable shooting position, gain confidence and devote more of my budget to practice ammo.

When my wallet and I are ready for a replacement stock, they'll still be there.

Shihan
10-13-07, 00:00
Yup Fobus and CAA are the same.

GNXII
10-13-07, 11:13
In a rush to attend a tactical rifle class, I installed one of therer polymer hand guards on an Colt A-3. The hanguard had a foregrip and light mounted on it nothing else. It cracked the first day in a horizontal pattern so I used duct tape for the rest of my course. What a POS...never again. :mad:
The moral, buy cheap, get cheap! I would stay away from there stuff.
P.S. I returned it to CAA/Fobus/ whomever and they promptly mailed me a new rail system to me no charge and no questions asked. I gave it to my airsofter 10 year old neighbor!

Turbo Supra
10-13-07, 14:01
CAA/TDI/Fobus is the same company. Made in Israel. I have a VFG that I really like, and 2 mag clamps (work okay), but that's about it. I guess the IDF uses TDI stuff because it is right there in Israel. Whatever.

Tapco also has the phrase "the world's finest shooting and military gear" on their website... LOL :D