PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on DD

Guns-up.50
05-07-11, 22:58
I bought a smith and wesson M&P 15 about two years ago right after Obama was elected I paid out the ass for it and it was all i could afford. It shoots real well i have put a troy 13" rail, aimpoint and vltor stock on it, DD buis front and back blaz-a bla. Now i would like a new rifle i know DD makes great rifles and this is what i am leaning twards, this is not a whos better question but i was wondering if i should buy a new rifle, or just an upper. i dont really like to sell my guns(lesson learned there) so what should i do buy a whole new DD the upper or would you sell/trade the m&P for a new rifle thanks in advance.

davebee456
05-07-11, 23:01
Put an Ad with a pic here on the forum and sell it would be my advice.
if you lose a little money its not that much of a big deal.
Trading it in at a gunshop is the worst deal ever.

I just got a basic DDXV for $965.00 Shipped

fdxpilot
05-07-11, 23:25
I would keep the S&W, as they make a nice mid-grade AR. My take on just buying an upper, is that before long, you'll want a dedicated lower for it. That's what happened when I bought a 6.8SPC upper for hog hunting. It soon got a Daniels lower to keep it company.

However, buying the upper and lower separately can be a good way to increase your options, as well as avoiding the 11% Federal Excise Tax on complete rifles. That's what I did with my current Daniels rifle. I bought a lightweight mid-length gas Daniels upper from Smartgunner and a Daniels lower with my preferred hand-grip, stock, and accessories from Grant at G&R Tactical. Throw in a BCM BCG and Gunfighter CH, and I got the exact rifle I wanted and saved a few bucks.

strambo
05-08-11, 15:07
I'd either: 1) buy the DD you really want and keep the S&W as an additional AR.

2) Keep the S&W as your primary, get a BCM BCG to run in it with the S&W BCG as a spare and get a 2nd upper in some different configuration to mix it up (SBR, 6.8, 18")

nhmike
05-08-11, 20:18
wow this sounds like a recent thread that made a couple guys get verclempt! ;)

I am also tossing the idea around of ditching the lesser rifle for a more "custom" rifle. I would say if funds allow you to keep both rifles or one rifle with a new second upper, why not. My funds really don't allow that, so I am at a "what to do" point.

Good luck!