PDA

View Full Version : GP100

das
05-08-11, 04:17
Anyone carry a 3" GP100 in 357 mag? If so please let me know how you like it and what kind of holster. Thank you das

iCarbine
05-08-11, 08:25
I did for over a year. It was bone stock and I used leather from Rob Leahy of Simply Rugged out of Alaska. The holster was a Sourdough pancake model. This holster could be carried strongside, crossdraw or IWB with the optional Inside-out straps. I also used two of Rob's speedloader carriers which allow the loader to straddle the belt thus reducing bulk. I occasionally carried one speed strip in Rob's carrier as well. All of this was carried on Rob's 1 3/4" belt.

The gear was high quality and carried well. My only complaint is that the holster mouth would collapse somewhat after drawing, requiring my to wiggle the gun to reholster.

The GP100 is a good gun and I enjoyed carrying it, although it would bite me with magnum loads. The old-style GP/Super Redhawk grips were comfortable, but the recoil of magnum loads would allow the rubber to blister the base of my strongside thumb inside one cylinder load. My trigger finger would also get a small blister.

I quit carrying it after my children were born and went back to the auto for it's many well documented advantages.

kmrtnsn
05-08-11, 10:15
I wish I still had one. The Don Hume Border Patrol Holster, long out of production was a decent piece of single retention leather, long passed by new, better retention systems and materials.

I have been keeping my eye out for another 100 on Gun Broker for the right price. When I find one I think I'll send it over to a custom Kydex holster maker and have a holster made for it.

iCarbine
05-08-11, 12:04
I have been keeping my eye out for another 100 on Gun Broker for the right price. When I find one I think I'll send it over to a custom Kydex holster maker and have a holster made for it.

Would you like mine?