PDA

View Full Version : M&P 45

caddishatch
05-08-11, 19:23
I am interested in getting a M&P 45. I was just curious what people thought about the various models. I am thinking I want the one that is one size up from the smallest one. Has anybody had any problems with these?

dmaxfireman
05-08-11, 19:43
if my permit ever comes in i have a m&p45 mid frame waiting for me at my dealer

will let you know when i pick it up

Snake
05-08-11, 21:06
just picked up the mid-size with night sights and thumb safety, but I'm not gonna be able to get her to the range for another 2 weeks due to drill. Will let ya know my impressions once I get her stretched.

zk556x45
05-08-11, 21:39
At one time or another, I've owned 7 different handguns (including 4 Glocks, 3 M&Ps and a 1911). The midsize M&P 45 is quickly becoming my favorite all-around pistol. I don't think there's any way you'll be disappointed if you decide to purchase one.

My personal preference is for a pistol in the 4.0 - 4.25" range. I know that some folks like the added sight-radius of a 5" but I haven't noticed much of a difference myself. In fact, I had a 5" M&P Pro in 9mm that I sold for a M&P 9 earlier this year. 4 or 4.25" inches is plenty long to reach out and get your hits - even at ranges far beyond anything you're likely to need in a defensive or competitive situation.

I happened to get one with a very decent factory trigger and could not be happier with mine. Buy with confidence!

zk

coltm4223
05-08-11, 22:44
Before my agency asked me to administer a T&E for a new issued handgun i was a big 1911 and glock fan (Sig P220 was our issued gun). After the dust settled the M&P45 come out on top with the mid-sized a close second. I cannot disclose what manufacturers participated but all the big players were present. A special note, we are a 100% plainclothes agency and the agents testing the guns found that there was very little difference in carrying and concealing between the full-size and the mid-size with the proper holster and clothing (we don't do ties and jackets, more like dirtbag casual). I bought one for my house gun and always reccomend it to my family and friends. We have had it for over a year and no issues.

ralph
05-09-11, 18:54
I have a Mid size, It's been very accurate and very reliable, over 2500 rnds on it, only changes I made to it were, Heinie straight 8 NS, Apex DCAEK, removed thumb saftey,and plugged frame. I also relieved the triggerguard and stippled myself, As far as polymer framed .45's go, The M&P45, and the HK45c are about the only ones I'd consider... My midsize is setup exactly the way I like, simple and easy to use, and reliable.

Irish10
05-09-11, 18:58
I have a full size LE sku model in FDE. when I first got it prior to Apex I sent it to back to the S&W PC for their action/trigger job. It now has a little over 6k flawless rounds down range and is capable of 2.5 groups at 35 yards (longest I have shot it) which is pretty decent IMO. No gripes, bitches, etc just a solid well built American made good old S&W pistol.

jjw
05-12-11, 20:37
a full size is my bedroom gun dont even have a holster. with an x-300 and an extended mags with a spacer a local guy makes doesn't get any better. not shooting unwashed hoards of carpet wearing rag heads. just 2-3 fools bent on committing suicide.

i am also carrying the compact .45 for ccw and its not much bigger than a compact 9mm m&p. i have been carrying a commander for more years than most here have been alive. i love the platform but i love the cartridge more.

this is a not a better gun (that's blasphemy) its just a lot less expensive gun that is stone reliable and if the cops take it i have not lost much. you cannot go wrong with any of the m&p .45's

good luck