PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any experience with Superior Barrels?

jumbopanda
05-08-11, 21:55
http://www.superiorbarrels.com/

They claim to use a proprietary coating on their stainless barrels that essentially provides the durability of chrome lined barrels while maintaining the accuracy of stainless. Does anyone have any first hand experience with these barrels? It almost sounds too good to be true.

EDIT: I am mistaken, the barrels in question are Chrome Moly, not stainless. Although they do guarantee 1 MOA accuracy and list a barrel life of 20,000 rounds.

Heavy Metal
05-08-11, 22:26
My understanding is it is a form of nitriding.

hikeeba
05-09-11, 09:26
I have one of their barrels (16" 'Amynta', purchased in 3/2010). I don't have enough rounds through it to attest to their long-term durability claims. A friend of mine who has a SB DMR upper (a couple years old, I think; not current production) turned me on to Superior Barrels. He said he was a little skeptical of the Hard Blue finish/treatment, but after knocking his rifle around a bit without incurring any scratches, he seemed sold on the finish. He also stated that the guys at Superior Barrels were good guys to deal with.

What shooting I have done with it has left me with the impression that it is more accurate that I am - it's a shooter, and I've been happy with what I've achieved thus far with it. John and Matt, the guys who are Superior Barrels, are as high-quality as their products. They are really into their products, and shooting in general. It was an absolutely joy communicating and doing business with them.

Turnkey11
04-11-16, 18:42
I really hate to necro a post like this, but does anyone have a POC with this company? Seems they went out of business, Id like to buy a barrel or 3 if they have any leftover stock. Website is gone.