PDA

View Full Version : Fail Zero Gen4?

ntstambo2
05-09-11, 15:37
Are the new Glocks in Exo easy to get for any gun store?

Magic_Salad0892
05-09-11, 16:21
The FailZero guns were Gen3 only.

Sorry. As for availability, I'm not sure. I think they might be all dried out now. (lol pun)

ntstambo2
05-09-11, 16:57
That's a bummer. Is there any type of premium version available anywhere? Maybe something with a match grade barrel? I'm in the market for a ccw, but would love to get my hands on something unique, but I want a gen 4 19, 27 or maybe even the 10mm. I don't know enough about the 10mm model though.

DaveR
05-09-11, 17:16
The EXO Glocks are pretty hard to find in my area, N Colorado.

Saw this referred to on Glock Talk over the week end. Cera-Plate
$79 per Glock Slide. They dis-assemble and re-assemble. $8 shipping.
http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/hg.htm

Here are some pics from Glock Talk
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1340962

It looks pretty good to me and for the money, can't beat it. Also you don't have to buy another pistol. Or you still have money left over for another pistol. Depends on your point of view.

Dave

ntstambo2
05-09-11, 17:21
Nice. I'll just have to pick up a new gen 4 and customize her. I think my shotgun is the only weapon I own that hasn't been customized lol.

M4Guru
05-09-11, 17:22
I just bought a 17 Exo NIB for $515 and a 19 Exo with Ameriglo I-Dots for $545 on Gunbroker. I like Gen 3 guns just fine so I thought it was a deal. If you look around they're out there.

DaveR
05-09-11, 17:28
$515 is a great price. The one I looked at was $549 and that was the cheapest in my area.

They came thru here in batches. G26 first and G19 second. I didn't see any with night sights.

Dave

M4Guru
05-09-11, 17:35
I'll get the guy's info from GB, he said he had 3 more.

SkyLine1
05-09-11, 17:43
Here is a G19 with NS a bit more $

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=229209695

A G17 for the same deal as M4 above

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=229229835

M4Guru
05-09-11, 17:48
I paid $575 for the G19, ignore my last post.

That's the guy I got my G17 from he was super easy to work with, great seller.

Magic_Salad0892
05-09-11, 18:06
I'd rather have WMD guns do my Nickel Boron than CCR.

I'm about to send off a few LMT Enhanced carriers to those dudes.

DaveR
05-09-11, 18:20
Truth is I don't know a lot about these companies. Reputation, quality, service etc. I just started hearing about the different ones over the weekend.

Magic_Salad0892, I'd appreciate any info as to why you'd pick one company over another.

Dave

ntstambo2
05-09-11, 19:29
Can you guys let me know what your recommendations would be for upgrades if I were to pick up a new stock gen 4 .40 or 9mm? I'm thinking the trigger, slide refinishing and a match barrel but I'm not sure who makes the best parts or does the best work.

andy t
05-09-11, 20:40
Recommendation for a new Glock accesories:
Ammo and magazines plus time for practice.

ntstambo2
05-09-11, 21:19
Absolutely that goes without saying. I just like mapping a little upgrade path for myself as it gives me things to research and evaluate during my training. It's also fun making a new gun your own through customization.

Pappabear
05-10-11, 01:28
glockmeister in Mesa AZ had a glock 40 acp in the sub compact today.
EXO and purple outlined NS. $616.

I paid $575 for a EXO with NS in G19. At the gun range down the street. Really happy with it.

Sensei
05-10-11, 02:34
Absolutely that goes without saying. I just like mapping a little upgrade path for myself as it gives me things to research and evaluate during my training. It's also fun making a new gun your own through customization.

1) Night sights
2) Glock OEM "-"" connector to decrease tigger pull in Gen 4 guns from 6-7 lbs to 5-6
3) Some like the Vickers extended slide release, but I've not made up my mind if I'm a fan yet.
4) vickers extended mag release for Gen 3 guns (not needed for gen4)
4) quality rail light if that is your cup of tea

Magic_Salad0892
05-10-11, 04:07
Truth is I don't know a lot about these companies. Reputation, quality, service etc. I just started hearing about the different ones over the weekend.

Magic_Salad0892, I'd appreciate any info as to why you'd pick one company over another.

Dave

Simple. The dude at CCR was rude to me. He also didn't seem very knowledgeable about how the Nickel Boron was applied.

When I asked if they bead blast the original phosphate off of the carrier before applying the Nickel Boron he said:

''Ehh... I'm pretty sure they do something along those lines.''

I wish I remembered his name. It was like Ron, or Randy, or something.

DaveR
05-10-11, 05:32
Thanks, Magic_Salad0892. I consider that good enough reason.

I'm just looking into this for a gift and all info is helpful. andy t started this thread earlier that I found interesting. Waiting to hear how he does.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=992681#post992681

Dave

andy t
05-10-11, 07:04

Glocks don't need stuff like match barrels, etc...As for slide refinishing - I would rather have it done before I puchase ala EXO Glocks so I don't deal with the hassle of shipping.
Do you have any previous experience with Glocks? The only "upgrades" even necessary are the ones lanesmith pointed out. However, even in stock form Glock is useable and requires no tuning/accurizing.
I admit to buying Glock 19 Exo simply because it looked cool, so I know where you are coming from. But that's after I have a few stock Glocks.

ntstambo2
05-10-11, 07:11
I shot ok with the 19 I rented. Overall I wasn't that impressed with it's accuracy and the trigger, especially for a gun that I plan on shooting a lot. The only real accessory the I would add to it would be my x300 and also night sights.

SOP1
05-31-11, 10:44
The gun you see is my personal Glock 23. It was the first nickel boron GLock ever made to show TALO. It was the gun that was handed around the table at their meetings. This gun has thousands of rounds through it with no signs of any wear. Many, many people have handled and shot this gun. I even have carried this gun many times in a holster and several times in my pocket. The AmeriGlo sights are also the first set ever installed on a nickel boron Glock. The point is the nickel boron finish will never wear off on this gun. My gun was not new when I coated it. It was a stock Glock Gen3 that I had shot few thousand rounds through. Think about having us coat you Glock.

SOP1
www.wmdguns.com