PDA

View Full Version : 110gr / 2400FPS / 1000meter 5.56 (how come nobody is talking about it)

E-man930
05-09-11, 16:22
http://www.libertyammunition.com/Lead_Free_Ammunition/LIBERTY_T_5.56_TUNGSTEN.html
I'm not an expert by any stretch of the word but this has me scratching my chin... :big_boss:

morbidbattlecry
05-09-11, 18:27
Of the many reasons i can think of. One would be that it would probably cost about 5 dollars a round.

ST911
05-09-11, 18:38
Not the first 100gr round that's been seen. Lots of development out there, but few takers.

QuietShootr
05-09-11, 19:03
Yup, not new...just expensive. PRL had a 100 grain projectile years ago.

KhanRad
05-09-11, 20:14
The real question is what is its wounding mechanism, and how well does it do it? Lots of tunsten or non-lead bullet designs out there that are absolutely terrible when it comes to creating a decent wound profile at typical combat ranges(under 300m), let alone at 1000m while doing well in FBI testing protocols.

E53001
05-10-11, 20:52
so...they seriously stole Halo's trademarked logo and used it for their pistol rounds?

Makes me want to do business with them..... This company gives me a feeling of that other ammo company that claimed they were making custom bullets in house, but in fact were using other manufatures bullets in their rounds, I dont remember the name, but i do remember the comparison thread we had going on here, the bullets had little white plastic balls in the cut out pic in the thread.

kartoffel
05-10-11, 21:42
that other ammo company that claimed they were making custom bullets in house, but in fact were using other manufatures bullets in their rounds, I dont remember the name, but i do remember the comparison thread we had going on here, the bullets had little white plastic balls in the cut out pic in the thread.

Sounds like RBCD / LeMas. It's crap. Fraudulent advertising and dangerously poorly QC'ed loaded ammo. Saw it destroy a Glock 20 once, thanks to their "technology".