PDA

View Full Version : Reputable online dealers?

Jaysop
05-09-11, 16:43
So recently I decided to buy an AR online.
Does anyone know of any good dealers (prices and reputation) online?
I found what I want, DDM4V3 at a few spots all different prices.
Can I trust these companies that charge almost $300 less? there shipping charges are only $25 so that's not the the trick.
Rainiers <-- probably wrong spelling, said they price match, I did hear good things about them. IDK if im just being to hasty but I asked them about 4 days ago maybe and no word from them other than that they need to check it out. I called the other places and found out it was in stock. Took 5 min. Not judging them tho,I wouldn't wana take a hit like that either.
I apologize if im starting a thread when there was already another one with the same topic, I just didn't find one.
Any input would be appreciated.

polydeuces
05-09-11, 17:27
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1DD20009&name=Daniel+Defense+M4V3+.223%2f5.56+Rifle&groupid=11

ucrt
05-09-11, 17:52

I'd look at the supporters of M4Carbine first. They have their ads at the top of each page. If you call them, some offer discounts to our members...
BUT...
the "price" isn't everything.

I always think through this scenario:
- I make an order
- My credit card gets charged immediately
- 10+ days and I don't have my gun or did I get the wrong gun or was the gun a "build" (not a factory gun) or did I get...(use your imagination??)....
- I call about my problem but can't get through to Customer Service
....at this point, how much more would I pay now to have a flawless transaction..

But maybe it's just me...

randolph
05-09-11, 18:03
20+ flawless transactions with Rainier Arms make them my Go to store. That includes, lowers, Lpk, uppers, misc. parts, etc..

13MPG
05-09-11, 18:13
Rainier is good to go!

Same experience here. Rainier has fantastic customer service. Last year I ordered a muzzle brake and a Daniel Defense upper. The package arrived and had been ripped open. The lower looked like it had been dropped on a gravel driveway a few times and the brake was not in the box. I called them and explained the situation and they had a new upper and brake on the way to me the same day with a return label for the 1st upper.

I have also had good luck with G&R, who also sells Daniel Defense products.

Be careful there are a lot of new shops out there… They come and go all the time and I would rather they not “go” with my money.

Buck
05-09-11, 18:15
G&R Tactical is great to do business with...

B

seb5
05-09-11, 19:22
My go to's are G&R, Bravo, DSG, and then Rainier, and ADCO.

Jaysop
05-09-11, 19:31
Thanks for all the input, yea Im definitely going to go with one of the big players. You get what you pay for, and sometimes that means service also.
Does anyone have any experience with Rainier's price match program?
Is it a lengthy process?
I guess if they don't ever get back to me about that ill just use my military discount.
Anyone know what percentage they take off?

Scoby
05-09-11, 19:38
Never done a FFL transaction online. Just uppers, parts and things. You'll get what you pay for with G&R, Bravo and DSG and get good service to boot.

05-09-11, 19:43
Clyde Armory is excellent-policeguns.com

TXBob
05-09-11, 21:37
Along with the site sponsers I have also had good dealings with AIM surplus.

Dirtyboy333
05-09-11, 23:20
My 2 go to's are Buds and CDNN. Both are take fast shipping and prices very seriously. Every time ive ordered the firearm shipped the same day in addition to being the best price i could find.

The only exception was a Sig 522 from Bud's thats took a week to ship. BUT before i ordered they stated plain and clearly that during December their shipping times are dramatically increased.

Oh, Bravo usually ships same day too (10 out of 10 0rders have).....ive never bought a firearm off them but if they carried the gun that i wanted at any of the particular times they would be my 1st choice.

G&R was great to deal with including great prices. Responded within MINUETS of any email i sent!!! BUT shipping was slow. (probably bc their busy)

rezin23
05-10-11, 00:27
Does G&R give members of this forum a discount?

BaronFitz
05-10-11, 00:39
As one earlier poster pointed out, you sometimes end up saving money but wishing you had gone elsewhere. I recall buying an Aimpoint T1 from a certain retailer that I won't name to avoid thread derail (though there's a sticky about him). I saved about $100 over retail at the local shops, but he took several weeks to ship the optic and didn't bother to respond to emails and voicemails about status after I had sent payment. The optic eventually came, but after all the hassle, I wished I had just driven over to a shop and picked it up.

ZRH
05-10-11, 00:43
DD rifles have been pretty scarce for a couple months now everywhere.

Ive ordered tons of stuff from Rainier Arms though, always fast on in stock items.

msstate56
05-10-11, 01:13
Rainer Arms has been my first stop for AR related products for the last couple of years. They have an up to date inventory (can't buy anything that's out of stock). Prices are fair, and they have flat rate shipping. My next two favorites are G&R and Bravo Company, and then SKD tactical. Any issues I've ever had with any of these companies has been swiftly resolved, and left me satisfied. That said, I've probably only had an issue with 2-3 out of 100 transactions over the last 5 years.

SomeOtherGuy
05-10-11, 13:39
I've had absolutely perfect dealings with BCM and G&R Tactical, and would suggest those be high on your list.

I've also had no problems with AIM and CDNN. With either of those, be sure you understand what you're buying, as each of those handle the full range of quality from excellent to "are you kidding?".

C4IGrant
05-10-11, 14:01
Does G&R give members of this forum a discount?

Yes we do. ;)

C4

polkhigh
05-10-11, 14:07
^^ +1 :dance3:

My order of online retailers:
G&R
Bravo
Rainier

Good Luck!