PDA

View Full Version : Used G26 for $350?

AO520
05-09-11, 18:59
So my best friend called me today trying to sell me his used glock 26 gen 3 for $325. He got fired last week and needs the money. Included would be 3 g26 mags, a serpa holster, and a cleaning kit.

I went with him to buy it new over a year ago at a gun shop. I'd estimate its fired about 500 rounds and is in good to excellent condition.

He says he called some local gun shops and they offered anywhere from $300-$350 but they would want to see it first. Is that a good price or are they low-balling?

I wasn't really thinking of buying a g26 in the near future. Maybe I would carry a little more often with it but I have a g19 and a m&p9 already and was kinda thinking of a .45 for my next handgun purchase. On the other hand I like his g26 and have the cash flow to help him out.

After thinking on it all day I decided I should get a 3rd opinion...What would you guys do?

JHC
05-09-11, 19:16
Snap it up. No question.

vigilant2
05-09-11, 19:23
If he's my best friend I'm helping him out, no brainer. I have 4 G19's, a G26 and 2 (recently acquired) HK P7 PSP's. When I have to dress
with shirt tucked in (no jacket) , the only viable options for me are my G26 in a Galco ankle holster or my P7 in a belly-band. I wear my
g26/ankle holster every work day as my job requires a tucked shirt.
Its been invaluable to me in that role and has the same manual of arms as my G19's. I say its a win-win to go for it.

My .02

ruddyhair
05-09-11, 19:24
if you don't - send him my way. I'm looking for one and at that price id take it. But yes - good deal.

AO520
05-09-11, 19:44
Thanks guys... Just wanted someone to reassure me that it was a good deal. Plus what Vigilant2 said sums it up..."If he's my best friend I'm helping him out, no brainer."

Nephrology
05-09-11, 19:48
Yeah I would be all over that like a fat kid on cake.

AO520
05-09-11, 19:58
Also on a side question... Since we both are Arizona residents and he would be a private seller we shouldn't have to do any paper work or back round check right? Should we at least write and sign some document stating the transfer?

I've bought several firearms from gun stores but never at a gun show or anything. I'm gonna do some more research on this but figured someone here would know.

ST911
05-09-11, 20:14
Buy it.

ap1220
05-09-11, 20:22
Also on a side question... Since we both are Arizona residents and he would be a private seller we shouldn't have to do any paper work or back round check right? Should we at least write and sign some document stating the transfer?

I've bought several firearms from gun stores but never at a gun show or anything. I'm gonna do some more research on this but figured someone here would know.

Not real sure of your local laws but creating a bill of sale for both of you to hold onto is not a bad idea. Run it by your buddy, if it is something you are both comfortable with and he doesn't take offense to it, why not. Or not, if you guys are best buds it may not be needed. Up to you guys to decide if it's not required by law. Also, you may want to check to see if a lawyer may have to read over it or have anything to do with it at all. YMMV.

Good luck and snap that baby up.

usmcvet
05-09-11, 20:48
Buy it you'll have a great gun and help your buddy out.

Arcana71
05-09-11, 20:50
Buy the Hell out of it.

ActiveShooter
05-09-11, 21:13
Buy it. That's a great deal!

SWATcop556
05-09-11, 21:29
I would buy it. You help a friend and get a great gun in the process.

okie john
05-09-11, 21:55
On the other hand I like his g26 and have the cash flow to help him out but I just don't know!

After thinking on it all day I decided I should get a 3rd opinion...What would you guys do?

I'd buy it for $350 and be ready to sell it back to him for $350 when he gets back on his feet.

Okie John

Beat Trash
05-10-11, 02:31
I'd buy it for $350 and be ready to sell it back to him for $350 when he gets back on his feet.

Okie John

This is exactly what I would do.

hochung
05-10-11, 03:31

Okie John

That's the way to go.

DaBigBR
05-10-11, 14:51

Okie John

Third-ed.

darr3239
05-10-11, 14:54

In Arizona there are no restrictions on a private sale. As far as paperwork, he is your friend and you probably have his name memorized, right?

Lost River
05-10-11, 15:08
It should not be about the gun. If he is a good friend stick out your hand and help him. In the future the roles may be reversed.

Irish
05-10-11, 15:11
Throw away the Serpa and it's a great deal! :D

Tortuga
05-10-11, 16:16

Okie John

I concur.

Arcana71
05-14-11, 18:37
Originally, I said "Buy it." Then I read this:
I'd buy it for $350 and be ready to sell it back to him for $350 when he gets back on his feet.and also this:
It should not be about the gun. If he is a good friend stick out your hand and help him. In the future the roles may be reversed.That's when I went back and read this:
So my best friend called me today...In hindsight, I'd like to amend my answer:

- An acquaintance? I'd buy it.
- A friend? I'd buy it and sell it back.
- My best friend? I'd buy it... gift wrap it and sneak it back into his house.*

*When I lost my job, my best friend handed me $3000 to cover my bills. A year later, I'm not quite able to pay him back yet. He has NEVER said a word.

connorh
05-14-11, 21:10
Let me know his number is you don't get it! I just wanna have a little talk... :sarcastic:

Nephrology
05-14-11, 21:13
Originally, I said "Buy it." Then I read this:and also this:That's when I went back and read this:In hindsight, I'd like to amend my answer:

*When I lost my job, my best friend handed me $3000 to cover my bills. A year later, I'm not quite able to pay him back yet. He has NEVER said a word.

This is the best post in the thread so far.

SoulStealer
05-14-11, 21:40
Originally, I said "Buy it." Then I read this:and also this:That's when I went back and read this:In hindsight, I'd like to amend my answer:

Best advice given...