Eurodriver
05-09-11, 19:49
Earl comes through again, no surprise.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5461/6pledside.jpg
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1240/6pledtop.jpg
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7876/6pside.jpg
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/9291/shadowm.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/rcmwyw.jpg

Disregard the Mount-N-Slot sling mount mounted in an unconventional way, I was testing something out.

I just got the mount in today. The terms I've heard on M4C to describe this pre-production were that its going to be

"The Heat"
"The Bee's Knees"
"Fabtasticular."

Definitely meets all 3 descriptions. I was originally going to mount a Surefire X300 on a rail section but the price kind of turned me off even though its lighter with more lumens. This is a gun for range use only and just to make a point, this cost 1/3 what the X300 would have. Looking back, if they were the same price I would probably still go ahead with this setup and I have no issues using this setup for a serious use rifle.

This mount puts the push button tail cap in the absolute perfect spot for thumb activation. I also like that unscrewing the tailcap a few turns makes an AD impossible.

The install was straightforward, but I did have to look at the pic on the website to get the gist of it.

The Surefire 6P LED and mount equal about 6.5 ounces. Not the lightest setup but not heavy.

I can't wait to use it in a few weeks. Immediately after installing it I had to disassemble. The movers came in and took the rest of my toys away...now I'm stuck here with no toys, no car, no TV, nothing...

I'm curious to see how the 6P LED will be at night throw-wise. I'm hoping for at least decent lighting at 50 yards but who knows.

Update 08/25/2011:

This is the absolute best light mount for MOE handguards that I have seen, used, or even heard of period. I have actually switched my home defense rifle setup because I am that much more confident with my light activation as opposed to tape switches and other mounts that placed the light in an inferior spot or had less than ideal reliability (tape switches).

With products like this I see no need to go to free floated rail systems unless you are mounting lasers or require the extra accuracy for 500+ yard shots.

NoveskeFan
05-09-11, 20:29
Just installed mine with a Surefire G2X. I have mine mounted on the same side that you do. Very solid mount and a great purchase from IWC.

Clobbersauras
05-09-11, 20:43
I like it. Mounts the light much closer to the rifle than the Magpul equivalent. How much are they and do they ship to Canada?

3 AE
05-09-11, 20:45
Guys, Every picture I've seen so far of this mount shows it mounted on the bolt release side. I believe it's described as an "ambi" mount. Is the mount machined to be be attached to the hand guard on the ejection port side? Are the holes countersunk on the backside? Just curious since I might be interested in this IWC mount if I ever decide to switch to a Magpul MOE hand guard.

Eurodriver
05-09-11, 20:48
Guys, Every picture I've seen so far of this mount shows it mounted on the bolt release side. I believe it's described as an "ambi" mount. Is the mount machined to be be attached to the hand guard on the ejection port side? Are the holes countersunk on the backside? Just curious since I might be interested in this IWC mount if I ever decide to switch to a Magpul MOE hand guard.

It is completely ambidextrous. I checked. But most people are right handed and choose to use their left thumb to activate it.

ucrt
05-09-11, 22:38

I remember seeing the other light mount IWC had that held the light with an open pinscher-type clamp. I commented on a thread somewhere a while back that it didn't seem to be a "strong" enough clamp. I have seen lights walk in clamps much more robust yet they still inched forward.

This looks like a good improvement with a much stronger clamping mechanism. Nice job.

sammage
05-14-11, 11:11
Has anyone used this with a G2 (nitrolon body) yet? If so, which light did you select on the IWC site? It gives the options for a 6P, G2X, and Polytac.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
05-14-11, 19:51
Has anyone used this with a G2 (nitrolon body) yet? If so, which light did you select on the IWC site? It gives the options for a 6P, G2X, and Polytac.

Hi!

The G2 Nitrolon has a body measuring 1.030" OD. The current SMC 1" light mount accepts 1.000" to .980" OD lights, which are listed in our drop-down menu on the site. Next week, we'll add G2 Nitrolon to the drop down menu, allowing customers to select the SMC 1" Light MOUNT-N-SLOT which will come with the 1.030" ring. We'll also add a chart showing ring size / flashlights. A few weeks later, we'll add an .810" ring for E series Surefires.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

MattC
05-15-11, 08:47
I bought one of these for use with a G2. Didn't realize the size difference when I ordered. Used a Dremel on the G2. Took about 5 minutes to grind down the light to fit the mount. Piece of cake :D

Eric
06-22-11, 17:00
Is anyone else noticing lateral movement of the light? The issue seems to be that the ring mount for the light only has one contact point per side with the mounting arm, creating a single pivot point. When I grab the head of the light, I can push it left/right, with about a quarter inch of play.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
06-22-11, 18:55
Is anyone else noticing lateral movement of the light? The issue seems to be that the ring mount for the light only has one contact point per side with the mounting arm, creating a single pivot point. When I grab the head of the light, I can push it left/right, with about a quarter inch of play.

I havent seen that with mine, how much force are you applying?

MOUNT-N-SLOT
06-22-11, 21:01

Eric, do you have the SMC 1" Light Mount? What size ring (it's laser engraved on the ring) and what model light?

MOUNT-N-SLOT

bsmith_shoot
06-22-11, 21:07
This figures, I just got my TMC left side in the mail yesterday, and the SMC right side is exactly what I want. I guess its time for the EE for me again. :sad:

MOUNT-N-SLOT
06-22-11, 21:33
This figures, I just got my TMC left side in the mail yesterday, and the SMC right side is exactly what I want. I guess its time for the EE for me again. :sad:

Hey bsmith_shoot, let's turn that frown upside down!;) Money's tight for everyone, and IWC wants our customers to be completely satisfied with our kit. So return your TMC via USPS f1st class to:

IWC
PO Box 323
Timnath CO 80547

When we receive it, we'll send you a new SMC 1" Light MOUNT-N-SLOT in exchange.

What light model & make, exactly, will you run so we can send you the correct ring size?

MOUNT-N-SLOT

bsmith_shoot
06-22-11, 21:46
Wow man, thats amazing. I have not used any loctite on it, but I did mark the screws with a silver sharpie paint marker. If thats a problem man, I completely understand.
I will be using a Surefire G2L.
I have the packaging and allens sittin here in front of me right now.

Hey bsmith_shoot, let's turn that frown upside down!;) Money's tight for everyone, and IWC wants our customers to be completely satisfied with our kit. So return your TMC via USPS f1st class to:

IWC
PO Box 323
Timnath CO 80547

What light model & make, exactly, will you run so we can send you the correct ring size?

MOUNT-N-SLOT

MOUNT-N-SLOT
06-22-11, 21:55
Wow man, thats amazing. I have not used any loctite on it, but I did mark the screws with a silver sharpie paint marker. If thats a problem man, I completely understand.
I will be using a Surefire G2L.
I have the packaging and allens sittin here in front of me right now.

The offer stands even though you marked them... no worries. IWC uses the returned components tin our demo fleet.

We send you the SMC with the 1.030" size ring for the G2L, once we get your TMC back.

M-N-S

bsmith_shoot
06-22-11, 22:03
You dont realize how much I appreciate this. I am, right now, ordering a sling mount for my MS2. I truly appreciate this.

The offer stands even though you marked them... no worries. IWC uses the returned components tin our demo fleet.

We send you the SMC with the 1.030" size ring for the G2L, once we get your TMC back.

M-N-S

LowSpeed_HighDrag
06-22-11, 22:54
You dont realize how much I appreciate this. I am, right now, ordering a sling mount for my MS2. I truly appreciate this.

IWC is legit. Earl and the gang run that place like a well oiled machine.

LonghunterCO
06-22-11, 23:07
A few weeks later, we'll add an .810" ring for E series Surefires.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Looking foward the these.

Eric
06-23-11, 04:16
Eric, do you have the SMC 1" Light Mount? What size ring (it's laser engraved on the ring) and what model light?

MOUNT-N-SLOT
Surefire G2X Tactical w/1" SMC.

SteveL
06-23-11, 08:50
IWC is legit. Earl and the gang run that place like a well oiled machine.

You're not kidding. Earl was a huge help to with the Scout Light setup on my rifle. Their customer service is among the very best you're ever going to find. Deal with them with confidence.

bsmith_shoot
06-23-11, 09:55
Just got back from the PO, mailed the TMC via USPS 1st class, and want to express my most sincere thanks to the guys at IWC. I also ordered my sling mount for my MOE handguards last night. Cant wait to get it all together and go shoot!!! Thanks guys.

IWC
PO Box 323
Timnath CO 80547

MOUNT-N-SLOT

HeavyDuty
06-23-11, 20:56

Mine arrived today. I noticed this at first until I realized that you need to completely tighten the "ledge" side of the ring against the mount base and then use the other side of the ring to tighten against the light. Solid as a rock now.

Eric
07-05-11, 05:03
I noticed this at first until I realized that you need to completely tighten the "ledge" side of the ring against the mount base and then use the other side of the ring to tighten against the light. Solid as a rock now.

Thanks for the tip HD. In chatting with Earl, this was determined to be the required method of installation. I had been tightening them like a scope ring, snugging each side down a bit at a time. I cleaned the parts, thoroughly degreased, used thread-locker and torqued the screws down VERY snug. It's substantially better now and has been put through a few hundred rounds of live fire to verify it will work.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/AR15forme/Mount-N-Slot/IMG_05711.jpg

bsmith_shoot
07-07-11, 13:28
Earl ROCKS!!!! Thanks for the trade my friend, this SMC is exactly what I was lookin for. Love the sling mount too!!!
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/bsmith_shoot/MOEhandguards003.jpg
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/bsmith_shoot/MOEhandguards002.jpg
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/bsmith_shoot/MOEhandguards001.jpg
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/bsmith_shoot/MOEhandguards005.jpg