PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Aimpoint T1,...

cvriv
05-09-11, 21:28
... with the absolute Larue mount(LT751). Does it matter where on the top of the rifle I mount it? Right now I have it as close to the rear iron sight as possible. I can fold up and dow the rear iron sight without touching the T1 at all. When I hold the rifle with the T1 right up on the rear sight, the body of the T1 is very much out of focus and the viewing area through the T1 is nice and large.

If I move it up as far as possible on the flat top, its the opposite. I knid of like it better as far back as possible. But I see many guys with it up as far as possible on their flat tops. Can someone explain?

Also,... the 4moa dot isnt that bad at all! LOL. Im running mine at 6 - 8 and its tiny. I know at far distances it appears larger but its not that bad at all. So far I love it.

cqbdriver
05-10-11, 07:33
Here is a link to some links that discuss the issue :D

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=79741

cvriv
05-10-11, 08:16
Oh.

Hmmmm,... far forward for speed? If i wasnt so lazy i'd remove mine and move it forward to try that. I'm kind of liking it as rearward as possible.

Thanks.

wahoo95
05-10-11, 08:24
On my 9mm SBR I run it to the rear like you described becasue it's faster for me there. On my 5.56 Carbine I run it at the front of the upper receiver.

d90king
05-10-11, 08:37
Oh.

Hmmmm,... far forward for speed? If i wasnt so lazy i'd remove mine and move it forward to try that. I'm kind of liking it as rearward as possible.

Thanks.

Then why ask for others opinions when you are happy with its placement? Go shoot the rifle and see what position works best for you. Nobody on this forum can tell you what works for you, especially when your mind is already made up... If you are to lazy to move an optic for optimizing its effectiveness then maybe shooting isn't for you.

JSantoro
05-10-11, 13:18
If i wasnt so lazy i'd...

..have used the Search button to find info and read up on this topic, instead of starting a needlessly redundant thread about it!

Watrdawg
05-10-11, 14:36
I run my T1 as far to the rear as I can. Works fine for me that way. If you ever get a magnifier you will have to move the T1 forward enough to fit the magnifier