PDA

View Full Version : ADM mount install ?

benw315
05-09-11, 21:41
Hey

For the life of me, i cannot get the 4 little screws to fit in my ADM t1 socom spacer mount to connect it to my T1. Is there a trick to getting them in? I am going from the angled side towards the flat side. Thanks.

Ben

Don Robison
05-09-11, 22:18
I just did one this afternoon. The screw heads fit snug; push the screws all the way through the mount and then line them up and start threading them.

ucrt
05-09-11, 22:27

I've read more than once about people stripping the screw holes out. Treat them gently once you do get them started.

ALCOAR
05-09-11, 22:52

I've read more than once about people stripping the screw holes out. Treat them gently once you do get them started.

Please read the above....T-1's strip VERY, VERY easy! Go especially gentle on the top right screw.

shootist~
05-10-11, 00:23
Are you using the original T1 screws or the ones that came with the ADM mount. (IIRC, my ADM modular T1 mount came with longer screws and even some thread locker.)

Dos Cylindros
05-10-11, 12:57
Are you using the original T1 screws or the ones that came with the ADM mount. (IIRC, my ADM modular T1 mount came with longer screws and even some thread locker.)

I don't have any experience with the ADM T-1 mounts, but I know my SOCOM spacer for my M4s did not come with new screws. Bar far and away the biggest complaint about ADM is that they don't provide mounting screws with their spacers.

benw315
05-10-11, 13:11
Well, after an hour and a half i finally got them in last night. I ended up using 1 screw from the t1 and 3 frrom the mount. Its weird because i couldnt get any, then one finally went in, then about 20 min later the rest went in real fast. Maybe i was just tired lol.