PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint M2 or M3

BCmJUnKie
05-10-11, 18:22
Im Starting my 11.5" next week, gonna order the optic. I want to go with aimpoint on this build, Its a toss-up between the M2 or M3, or possibly the ML2 or ML3, I dont need the N.V optic. So my question is if anyone has owned both of these models and how much of a difference there is or what one you like better. Im thinking of the LaRue Cant. mount. Or give me ideas for a different mount? This will be my first Aimpoint. I would like to keep it between the 2 models I mentioned though. Thanks

Kissel
05-10-11, 19:02
Depending on intended use, I would go with the ML2. ML3 will get you longer battery life, better resistance to water immersion, and choice of 2 or 4 MOA dot. Other than that, they are the same--outstanding. I like the LaRue mount.

Appalachian
05-10-11, 19:16
My last one was an M3, have and M2 and an ML2 as well. Battery life is about a year with the 2 (left on all the time). Your call if the roughly 60-70 bucks is worth getting the 5 year or so battery life with the 3, the biggest difference.

BTW I kicked my own ass for not buying a bundle (optic and mount)deal through Grant for mine, you get a very serious break buying the mount and optic together. You'll end up buying them anyway, recommend saving the bucks up front.

v/r

JSGlock34
05-10-11, 19:22
You might get more interest in this topic in the optics subforum. If your interest is in the older style CompM type sights, you should seriously consider the new Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic (PRO) (http://www.skdtac.com/Aimpoint_PRO_Patrol_Rifle_Optic_p/aim.310.htm). See this thread (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=72132) for more info...it is a great value and comes with a mount.

jbo723
05-10-11, 19:25
I opted for the M3 due to the longer battery life and 2 MOA option.

GLOCKMASTER
05-10-11, 20:24
Please use the search function then take some time to read through threads that relate to your questions. The answers are already here.