PDA

View Full Version : 922r and other assault rifles

m4brian
05-10-11, 18:26
Maybe this ought to be titled: where have all the nazis gone?

Some ak's and other assault rifles "need" to have followers and floor plates replaced because of legislative absurdities.

- has anyone ever "been caught". With evil non-US mag followers?

- if the shtf it won't matter so reserve mags don't matter

- has anyone seen some batf bubbas lerking at the range asking about followers and floorplates?

I understand the need not to drive around with a "bad mag" in the weapon, but really.. Where are all the nazis?

SteyrAUG
05-10-11, 18:38
I don't think anyone will ever be investigated with non compliance with 922r, but I think people will be prosecuted for 922r violations when a ATF investigation for something else fails to produce any other results.

Just another ATF tool so they can say "See...he WAS guilty like we said" even if they can't actually produce the illegal machine guns they originally claimed you had.

lloydkristmas
05-11-11, 19:22
^^Pretty much what he said.

Its one of those "cherry on top" things.

Its a retarded law, but its usually cheap enough to keep guns within compliance parameters, so most people just do it to be safe.

Heavy Metal
05-11-11, 19:29
I don't think anyone will ever be investigated with non compliance with 922r, but I think people will be prosecuted for 922r violations when a ATF investigation for something else fails to produce any other results.

Just another ATF tool so they can say "See...he WAS guilty like we said" even if they can't actually produce the illegal machine guns they originally claimed you had.

922r criminalizes the act of assembly, not possession. If someone else did it before you bought the gun, they would be the guilty party. The reason they don't like to make cases on it is because it would be a tough charge to prosecute based on this criteria. Would take an admission of guilt, a credible witness(s) or a helluva strong circumstantial case that would take mucho effort to assemble.

I did not stay at a Holdiay Inn express but I did have a couple of days of CID training courtesy the Feds this week ;p

TOrrock
05-11-11, 20:29
As others have said, it's an additional charge that BATFE can throw at you if they're getting you on other things.

Don't buck up against it, it's that simple.

And that's all we're going to discuss on an open forum.