PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Micro Cover?

Culnes50
05-10-11, 19:05
Hey guys, was just thinking about possibly ordering a scope coat type deal to cover my micros. I really don't care for the bikini covers that are so clumsy to remove and replace. I was thinking a scope coat would just pop off and on with much less trouble.

Anyone have any experience with such an item on a micro?

ActiveShooter
05-10-11, 19:32
I don't mind the bikini covers myself but my buddy has the neoprene style cover and has been happy with it thus far. He really likes it because there aren't marks left on the lenses like with the bikini covers.

wahoo95
05-10-11, 19:47
Never had a problem with my bikini covers. I just slide them down around the mount so they don't get lost. Never had any marks left by mine by the cover.

Quiet-Matt
05-10-11, 21:00
I just leave the bikini cover in the safe since I hardly ever use it anyway. I could see a scopecoat as a better option for occasional use.

Culnes50
05-11-11, 17:16
You guys are probably right about just dropping it around the sight. The slip on cover would be way easier to me but then when you remove it, you would have to place it somewhere or store it until its time to put back. Tactically speaking thats not efficient.

I have noticed the marking the bikini cover can leave on the shallow side I believe. Its real easy to press it against the lens and leave a rub mark