PDA

View Full Version : Geissele S2S

sac
05-11-11, 19:32
Have these triggers made it on the shelfs yet.

Thans Scott

Robb Jensen
05-11-11, 19:40
Have these triggers made it on the shelfs yet.

Thans Scott

We haven't seen them yet and ordered some at SHOT. The example one they had was pretty nice!

ALCOAR
05-11-11, 19:48
I asked Bill awhile back and still haven't heard anything back yet on them....I'm very excited about this trigger. This should be the trigger for the masses.

An Undocumented Worker
05-11-11, 20:56
I asked Bill awhile back and still haven't heard anything back yet on them....I'm very excited about this trigger. This should be the trigger for the masses.

Isn't that what the SD-C is?

And how does the S2S differ from their other triggers?

sac
05-11-11, 22:24
I know I'm trying to wait, but its getting hard. Just like waiting for the SPR muzzle break and collar from Bravo Company.

ALCOAR
05-11-11, 22:36
Isn't that what the SD-C is?

And how does the S2S differ from their other triggers?

The S2S will be the trigger that most everyone can afford....I imagine most will find it to be quite like the SSA's.

The SD-C trigger, along with the SD-E and SD-3G are really the ferrari's of the bunch. I've said prob. too many times but the SD-C is just flat out the best trigger for a hard use carbine that requires not only a trigger for CQB and 0-300yds...but a true 0-600yd trigger, capable of both precision and CQB work.

The SD-C and S2S will be significantly different but so should the price.

JChops
05-11-11, 23:32
These triggers come stock on the LaRue PredatAR 5.56. So they are definitely being made.

wetidlerjr
05-12-11, 09:31
The Geissele site says the end of April 2011. :rolleyes:

MMcfpd
05-14-11, 20:34
The Geissele site says the end of April 2011. :rolleyes:

44th of April now.

Robb Jensen
05-14-11, 21:44
I want a few myself, I saw a box from Geissele yesterday that my boss didn't get unpacked yet. Hoping there's some in there!

sac
05-15-11, 11:33
Keeping fingers crossed

ALCOAR
06-07-11, 15:05

SomeOtherGuy
06-07-11, 16:13
Midway is now listing the S2S as "coming soon":

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=190261

I think it had been showing an expected in-stock date of 6/19 a few days ago, but that is no longer showing.

There is as much info in the product description at Midway as I've seen anywhere else. It states:

The S2S Trigger by Geissele is a two-stage, semi-auto only, drop-in replacement trigger. The S2S offers a clean and crisp 4-1/2 lb total trigger pull comprised of a 2-1/2 lb first stage followed by a 2 lb second stage. This trigger is constructed of precision investment cast steel and is machined on high-precision CNC equipment then through hardened for high strength and durability. All components are zinc phosphate coated to provide outstanding corrosion protection. A full-power hammer spring delivers plenty of energy for reliable ignition on all types of ammunition. Installation is easy and installation does not require any modification. The trigger kit comes complete with all parts, springs and installation instructions.

It sounds like basically an SSA with a different (less expensive) manufacturing process. From reading between the lines of that description and postings here:
-the S2S is also cast steel, but maybe a different alloy than Geissele's pricier triggers?
-no mention of EDM, so I assume the S2S is machined conventionally
-statement of zinc phosphate coating, where I believe Geissele's other triggers are blued and then the trigger piece receives some additional special coating for corrosion resistance (I could be wrong)

My speculation. Interested to hear all the details.

ALCOAR
06-07-11, 16:42

buckjay
06-07-11, 17:04
Sounds really interesting.. anyone have any guesses as to what they'll end up selling for on the street?

ALCOAR
06-07-11, 17:56

ALCOAR
06-10-11, 13:16

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-10-11, 13:23
http://i54.tinypic.com/3518uqc.jpg

Are those nipple rings?????

Didn't someone have a chart of all the G-Triggers? I'd like a single stage that is cheap and relaible. Basically a GI trigger that doesn't suck.

SomeOtherGuy
06-10-11, 13:25
Looks a whole lot like the SSA I installed a few months ago. Except the color looks slightly different, but it's hard to be sure from a photo.

Looking forward to your review.

ALCOAR
06-10-11, 13:58

BSWilson
06-10-11, 14:19
I too would love to see a chart of some sort for all of his triggers. I'd like to pick up a nice one eventually but the fear of dropping $300 on the "wrong" one is a deterrant.

ALCOAR
06-10-11, 14:24

rob_s
06-10-11, 14:57
Also, for the shortbus rider who keeps referring to a video showing high dollar trigger being slapped.....the slapping is illustrating a specific function of the trigger, obviously you don't understand that principal, and thereby 2 stage triggers.

for posterity.

mtdawg169
06-10-11, 16:01
I too would love to see a chart of some sort for all of his triggers. I'd like to pick up a nice one eventually but the fear of dropping $300 on the "wrong" one is a deterrant.

Giesselle has a chart on their site illustrating the characteristics and recommended use for each trigger they make.

mtdawg169
06-10-11, 16:06
Also, for the shortbus rider who keeps referring to a video showing high dollar trigger being slapped.....the slapping is illustrating a specific function of the trigger, obviously you don't understand that principal, and thereby 2 stage triggers.

What video and comments are you referring to? PM me if necessary, so as not to distract from the thread.

amac
06-11-11, 07:24
This may be a dumb question, but Trident, is the S2S a worthy replacement for a KAC 2stage unit? How do they compare?

sinister
06-11-11, 09:51
The Knight trigger breaks nicely. In my limited experience with National Match (I've personally owned three) and combat weapons (we re-barreled dozens of Ranger Battalion and Special Forces weapons) they seem to last for at least one barrel (3,500 - 5,000 rounds) before needing maintenance or replacement.

The Knight comes behind the Geissele High-Speed when it comes to lock time (the time from trigger activation allowing the hammer to pivot and hit the firing pin). National highpower rifle champion Dave Tubb won the NRA National Highpower Rifle title using an SR-25, but he had to do all kinds of things to lighten the KAC's hammer mass (like boring holes through it like a Colt Commander hammer).

Bill has all kinds of trigger variations to satisfy different (picky) tastes and preference / mission niches.

If it's my own money I'll go with the Geissele. If you're not happy with it Bill has customer service that can't be beat. If you REALLY hate it you can always sell it and get most of your investment back.

The S2S will be the one to get for a guy on the fence about a two-stage. At $125 it's a bargain. Proper trigger break without having to go through the hoops of getting something like a Rock River tuned by John Holliger, plus the new anti-walk rings.

Surf
06-11-11, 12:06
ETA...video is now hot...quality will improve over the next few minutes though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOx6sQ2ndjw

Also, for the shortbus rider who keeps referring to a video showing high dollar trigger being slapped.....the slapping is illustrating a specific function of the trigger, obviously you don't understand that principal, and thereby 2 stage triggers.Hmmm, that must be me as I am the one who has referenced it in the past. I don't care what excuses you are using but it is quite clear from all your video's where I can see your trigger finger that you really don't understand how to run a trigger. I find it humorous for you to think that I may be the one who has no concept. You once stated that you were open to "brutally honest" feedback and I mentioned that you could greatly improve by learning proper trigger placement and how to actually depress the trigger. Your speeds and accuracy would increase and overall you would benefit and become a better shooter. Instead of taking the constructive criticism that you asked for, you come up with some stupid excuse as to why your using poor trigger technique to illustrate some mythical technique as for demonstrative purposes only? Puhleese. I know more than well how a 2 stage works, so don't kid yourself.

Your video above shows your lack of knowledge on even how to demonstrate how a trigger works. Not to mention the below video where you have horrible trigger control with poor finger placement, slapping the trigger and it is obvious that you are not concerned with accuracy as your focus is so hard on pulling the trigger quickly that you don't even realize your weapon runs dry and you attempt to pull the trigger on an either an empty weapon where the bolt isn't locked back or a malfunction of some sort. Not even a natural reaction to verify if you were empty or a clearance attempt. And you call others short bus riders? I have attempted to impart some legitimate knowledge and constructive criticism in your threads. You don't take well to it and I attempted to point things out nicely. I hadn't even mentioned the issues above originally. I find some critical areas that you can improve your shooting, but you seem to know more than me.

This is the video that I am referring to
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrident1982#p/u/25/J3oSxA5tZio

Can't wait to hear the excuses for this one. Some people just don't know what they don't know.

Underwhere
06-12-11, 22:11
Hmmm, that must be me as I am the one who has referenced it in the past. I don't care what excuses you are using but it is quite clear from all your video's where I can see your trigger finger that you really don't understand how to run a trigger. I find it humorous for you to think that I may be the one who has no concept. You once stated that you were open to "brutally honest" feedback and I mentioned that you could greatly improve by learning proper trigger placement and how to actually depress the trigger. Your speeds and accuracy would increase and overall you would benefit and become a better shooter. Instead of taking the constructive criticism that you asked for, you come up with some stupid excuse as to why your using poor trigger technique to illustrate some mythical technique as for demonstrative purposes only? Puhleese. I know more than well how a 2 stage works, so don't kid yourself.

Your video above shows your lack of knowledge on even how to demonstrate how a trigger works. Not to mention the below video where you have horrible trigger control with poor finger placement, slapping the trigger and it is obvious that you are not concerned with accuracy as your focus is so hard on pulling the trigger quickly that you don't even realize your weapon runs dry and you attempt to pull the trigger on an either an empty weapon where the bolt isn't locked back or a malfunction of some sort. Not even a natural reaction to verify if you were empty or a clearance attempt. And you call others short bus riders? I have attempted to impart some legitimate knowledge and constructive criticism in your threads. You don't take well to it and I attempted to point things out nicely. I hadn't even mentioned the issues above originally. I find some critical areas that you can improve your shooting, but you seem to know more than me.

This is the video that I am referring to
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrident1982#p/u/25/J3oSxA5tZio

Can't wait to hear the excuses for this one. Some people just don't know what they don't know.

I was actually laughing a bit when I watched the video. I saw the other video when he does a mag dump. I'm not sure what the mag dump video was supposed to show with respect to the trigger.

Your response is quite eloquent. Hopefully he takes your criticism as constructive and learns how to work a trigger in practice as well as in theory.

DOA
06-12-11, 22:27
I don't care what excuses you are using but it is quite clear from all your video's where I can see your trigger finger that you really don't understand how to run a trigger. Instead of taking the constructive criticism that you asked for, you come up with some stupid excuse as to why your using poor trigger technique to illustrate some mythical technique as for demonstrative purposes only? Your video above shows your lack of knowledge on even how to demonstrate how a trigger works. Not to mention the below video where you have horrible trigger control with poor finger placement, slapping the trigger and it is obvious that you are not concerned with accuracy as your focus is so hard on pulling the trigger quickly that you don't even realize your weapon runs dry and you attempt to pull the trigger on an either an empty weapon where the bolt isn't locked back or a malfunction of some sort.

Im glad Im not the only one who thought that. Young, know it alls. Gotta love em. :p

Patriotme
06-13-11, 16:33
Midway is running a promotion for Father's Day. They don't have the S2S yet but have it listed.
161177 ($10 off $100 orders)
261177 ($20 off $200 orders)
361177 ($30 off $300 orders)
561177 ($50 off $500 orders)

They usually run a July 4th promotion too. Maybe the triggers will be in by then. I just ordered the SSA.