PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using the Eagle Industries Operator's Gun Belt?

JSTICFRALL
05-12-11, 13:06
I currently wear an Uncle Mike's nylon "riggers" belt on a daily basis, however I'm not too thrilled with the amount of adjustment space that the belt provides. I've been losing some weight and now I've gotten the belt cinched as tight as it'll go and even while carrying IWB, I run out of velcro. Although it keeps the gun and my pants up, the weight still pulls it down a bit and I find myself constantly re-adjusting and pulling my pants up. I'm already wearing the smallest size belt and am looking for a different option that will provide just 1 to 2 more inches of velcro because that's all I'd need to keep things positioned to where I want it.

With that being said, I was looking at the Operator's Gun Belt from Eagle Industries (http://www.eagleindustries.com/product.php?productid=16243&cat=76&page=1) because it doesn't use any velcro which would in turn give me more sizing freedom with the exception of how much room the reinforcement takes up on the belt. The only issue is that I can't seem to find any feedback on whether or not it's a good belt or if there are any pros and cons to it. I'm also looking at options from Wilderness Tactical which I know are tried and true however the EI belt is cheaper.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as always!

dhrith
05-12-11, 14:58
You do realize there are people that sew stuff for a living right? Buy an appropriate patch of velcro and take it to one of them and explain what you want and I'm sure they could fix you up for a few bucks. If you're otherwise happy with the belt it seems to make more sense then springing $50-75 on a new one.

JSTICFRALL
05-12-11, 22:52
I suppose I could do that. However I still like the velcro-less design of the EI belt. So once again, if anyone has feedback on the product I'm all ears.

boganz45
05-12-11, 23:35
I have one and it's serviceable. It's a standard BDU belt with a plastic stiffener in it. Not much to it; it works as expected.

novaDAK
05-13-11, 01:51
Both 5.11 Tactical and Galco also make their own versions of the instructor belt. Both use velcro but they might come in smaller sizes. Might be worth looking into as another backup option.

samuse
05-13-11, 07:26
I use a Wilderness. 1 3/4" with the stiffener.

My favorite belt ever. So far.

I had a 5 stitch and it was too floppy IMO.

JSTICFRALL
05-13-11, 07:30
I use a Wilderness. 1 3/4" with the stiffener.

My favorite belt ever. So far.

I had a 5 stitch and it was too floppy IMO.

I was actually gonna ask about that. With some of the research I've done, most guys seem to think that the 5 stitch is plenty stiff to carry a weapon and a few mags. One of the reasons why I was considering a Wilderness belt is because of that reason. The stiffener in my current belt makes it difficult to feed the belt through my holsters and re-position them on the go without a struggle.

Hizzie
05-13-11, 10:38
I prefer leather over the Wilderness belt. Just wasn't comfortable and that was OWB carry. The laminate buckleless belts from Safariland have proven comfy although have thier limits, as all belts do.