PDA

View Full Version : Slip and Breakfree incompatible?

Captain_America
05-12-11, 13:07
Hey guys,
First of all please forgive me if this info is somewhere else. I've googled and done forum searches and haven't found what I'm looking for. Also wasn't sure which forum to post this in.

Since I got my DDXV I had been using Breakfree to lube. When I would clean I would soak the BCG parts in a container of solve with a bit of CLP in it so when I took them out, there would still be a film of oil (I think I got the idea somewhere in a thread here). Since then I've gotten some Slip 2000 WL. My question is how would the film of CLP effect the Slip? Would the little bit that stays on it after soaking, brushing and drying inhibit the effectiveness of the Slip? Thanks in advance.

Blankwaffe
05-12-11, 15:10
My experience with Slip2000 is somewhat limited.But I would not think that trace amounts of CLP would have much affect,if any on the Slip2000.Any remaining solvent might though.So I would just try and wipe the surfaces as dry as possible before lubing with the Slip.
Otherwise call Greg at Slip2000 and run it past him and see what he says.Seems I remember him telling me that there were no known compatibility issues with Slip lubes and and other common brands of lubricants.

Captain_America
05-12-11, 15:25
My experience with Slip2000 is somewhat limited.But I would not think that trace amounts of CLP would have much affect,if any on the Slip2000.Any remaining solvent might though.So I would just try and wipe the surfaces as dry as possible before lubing with the Slip.
Otherwise call Greg at Slip2000 and run it past him and see what he says.Seems I remember him telling me that there were no known compatibility issues with Slip lubes and and other common brands of lubricants.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not to worried about it too much, cause like you said I dry everything really well and then lube. I just liked the idea of a film of oil in the solvent to not completely remove all the oil on the surfaces. I'm looking forward to using the Slip2000.