PDA

View Full Version : Looking for "rubbery" grip panels

Skyyr
05-12-11, 14:36
Are there any grip panels that have a rubber-like texture to them? I've tried Magpul XTM's and Troy Ind. Rail Covers - both are too "stiff" for my liking and don't really enhance the grip. I'd really like to get a rail cover that has a rubbery, "grippy" feel to it, somewhat pliable yet firm. Are there any like that available?

wetidlerjr
05-12-11, 15:00
Maybe these: ERGO Rail Covers (http://www.brownells.com/1/1/32850-ar-15-m16-ergo-grip-full-rail-cover-long-rail-cover-coyote-brown-each-falcon-industries.html)

HaydenB
05-12-11, 15:07
Magpul XTs?

jonconsiglio
05-12-11, 15:46
You could try some UTG's! No, don't try those. They're the only ones I've seen that were at all rubbery beside ladder style covers.

I've found most covers were too slick for me and the only solution was to stipple some XTM and KAC panels. Now everything is very tacky and locks my grip in place even in the rain and high humidity.

Sorry it's not what you were looking for but the best I could do.

Robb Jensen
05-12-11, 15:53
Surefire makes ladders that are pretty soft rubber.

SomeOtherGuy
05-12-11, 15:53
A lot of rail covers are rubbery. All or nearly all that Ergo makes, including the ladder and full-profile covers. I would suggest trying the full-profile ribbed or diamond-tread covers to start. Magpul-branded covers OTHER THAN the XTMs are the same material and made by Ergo. All ladder style covers I've seen are made by Ergo, and rubbery, regardless of the brand selling them. At the low price end, TAPCO's recent full profile rail covers are the same rubbery type material. The TAPCO covers are good for the price but do not attach as solidly as most other designs, and I'm guessing they could come off in hard use.

kmrtnsn
05-12-11, 21:15
U.S. Palm has a new "rubbery" panel available in different lengths. I think they are a bit on the pricey side but they might be worth a look.

http://www.uspalm.com/index.php?option=com_products&view=product&id=30

claricSTi
05-13-11, 09:06
I think stippling some XT's will be the route I go.

interfan
05-13-11, 12:21
Rubberized undercoating sprayed on KAC rail covers could work. A buddy in the Coast Guard did that for better grip when wet and it seems to work pretty well for him. You just have to use heat resistant undercoating and light coats to avoid a mess.

vader
05-13-11, 14:52
best I've used are the surefire ladders. low profile and really gripy.