PDA

View Full Version : Pete. Our bomb and drug sniffing dog.

ghostman1960
05-12-11, 20:55
This is Pete. He is one of our bomb and drug dogs. Let me tell you when I say these animals are loved and well taken care of. Yellow and Black Labs are used because they are good at what they do and they come across as non threatening. So far the only things that they have found since I have been there are things that Customs has planted to test them. Anyway I just wanted to share.

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/ghostman1961/meandpete.jpg

Titleist
05-12-11, 21:13
I say this as a former owner of a yellow lab: Thank you, Pete!

SeriousStudent
05-12-11, 21:14
Good boy!!

Scratch him behind the ear for us. :)

panzerr
05-12-11, 21:17
Oh that's a good boy there!

sl4mdaddy
05-13-11, 06:50
I say this as a former owner of a yellow lab...

Ditto.

Nice lookin' pooch ya' got there!

WillBrink
05-13-11, 07:22
This is Pete. He is one of our bomb and drug dogs. Let me tell you when I say these animals are loved and well taken care of. Yellow and Black Labs are used because they are good at what they do and they come across as non threatening. So far the only things that they have found since I have been there are things that Customs has planted to test them. Anyway I just wanted to share.

a very special animal. It's always nice to see how well cared for they are. I always want to pat them, but as working dogs, never do of course. :)

Scoby
05-14-11, 04:41
Good boy Pete!

I've had four labs. One and sometimes two at the same time over the last 30 years. Beautiful, smart and loyal animals for sure.

My current lab, Skeet, is now 12 years old and is arthritic. Really hard to see him like that and to know that he won't be around too much longer.

BrianS
05-14-11, 06:44
Cool man. I love dogs of all kinds, but especially working dogs. They seem at their best when given something to do for a living instead of just kept around as something to pet, LOL.