PDA

View Full Version : AR Performance or Bison Armory

RubberDucky
05-13-11, 20:22
I'm going to be ordering a 6.8 upper from one of them soon but I'm not sure which to go with. Any thoughts? Thanks

VLODPG
05-13-11, 21:32
Both make a solid product.

IIRC, Bison barrels are SS & ARP has both SS & Nitro-carburized barrels.

I have a early ARP Nitro barrel that is a great shooter so thats what I recommend!

ccoker
05-13-11, 22:57
both make quality uppers

I would say pick the one that has the build you want and matches the specs you desire... you will be happy either way frankly

I have had 2 ARP, both were done right, good shooters
I use a Wilson for the last 1.5 years, and my brother got a Bison a few months back. All 3 builders know what they are doing of course.

river rat richard
05-14-11, 09:45
I also have ARP nitro barrel.very accurate.Im very happy with it.

fdxpilot
05-14-11, 16:05
While I am currently on my second ARP 6.8 upper, and am very happy with it, check with both for how long you will wait to get your upper. Right now, the whole industry is going through a surge in demand for almost everything AR related. I know Harrison, who is the driving force behind ARP, is having a hard time getting parts to meet demand. I imagine Bison is having the same problems. Depending on the specific components you want on your upper, the delay could be substantial. I waited almost two months to get my last upper, mostly due to waiting for the requested Daniels Defence rails to arrive.

That being said, I love my ARP upper. They can pretty much make you anything you desire, from a basic mid-length M4 style carbine (my first ARP) to the most tricked out benchrest, tactical, or hunting upper (my second ARP) you desire.