PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint pro or ml3 on laure mount..??

fiddly_foo
05-14-11, 05:14
Ok so I'm getting a new red dot have the eotech and for my new build going with the aimpoint. I can get a basically brand new ml3 it's been used 2-3 times with a 180 borbo mount for $510 shipped or get a brand new PRO with a larue cant. mount for I think there website says $550. or spend $625 for a brand new ml3 with cant. mount. Is there really anyreason paying more for the ml3 I'm going with 2 moa so the 4moa has nothing to do with it. I don't know if I'm missing something when I read all the info between the 2. And I'm not getting a h-1 or t-1 when I build a real lightwieght build I'll go for that but the bigger field of view and the exrta oz's doesnt bother me..thx's again all....

El Pistolero
05-14-11, 06:11
Whoa, what happened to spelling, grammar, and punctuation? Holy crap!

Anyways, get whichever is cheaper if they both serve your needs, the PRO and ML3 both have the 2 MOA dot and the battery life is absurdly long on either so get whichever one is cheapest unless you specifically want the LaRue mount over the Bobro or vice versa. No sense in paying extra for a brand-new ML3 unless you are one of those types that has to have everything brand-new, if you are buying used from a trusted source you should be good to go.

Do you really need the longer battery life and further scuba diving capability of the ML3 over the PRO? So why pay for it? The PRO is even NV-compatible whereas the ML3 isn't.

The_War_Wagon
05-14-11, 06:57
Sounds like the MOUNT is gonna make the deal on this sale - what's your pleasure?

fiddly_foo
05-14-11, 10:57
Yea, since theres really no difference get what's the best deal out there that's what I was thinking. And sorry with the spelling, grammar, and punctuation . When I wrote that I just woke up and was typing fast cause I had to leave. I'm the worst at run on sentences and bad spelling I have to proff read everything I write no matter how small it is.. thx's again...

El Pistolero
05-14-11, 11:19
So why not start researching the different mounts? I hear great things about the Bobro mounts but I don't personally have any experience with them.

I have a LaRue mount for my ACOG and my only gripe about it is the throw levers leave little marks in the finish on my receiver but LaRue is a great American company and one of the few that I go out of my way to spend my money with.

Like the TWW said above, it looks like the mount will be your deciding factor here, since in real use the PRO and ML3 will not be any different for you.