PDA

View Full Version : IWB Belt Loops

Dapimpspimp
05-14-11, 20:58
I have a CompTac Infidel IWB with the leather belt loops. While wearing the holter, the one-way snaps often become unsnapped.

Has anyone else had this issue with the CompTac loops? Anyone know if the Blade-Tech belt loops will work on this holster?

Seraph
05-15-11, 08:42
Do your belt loops have snap heads that say, "Pull the Dot?"

Dapimpspimp
05-15-11, 10:51
Affirm..they do..The dot is at the 12:00 position near the mouth of the holster. Anytime the holster twists against my belt, applying leverage on the belt loops, at least on of the snaps become undone.

TAZ
05-15-11, 14:16
My Infidel's sport the rubber Blade-Tech loops. The Blade-Techs have the same snap though.

The pull the dots are VERY hard to get on at first, are you sure you are really snapping them on instead of just wedging them in place?

RD62
05-15-11, 15:05
I use the same holster but with the Infidel Belt Clip and have not had an issue.

Just thought I'd pose another option...

Dapimpspimp
05-15-11, 22:02
Affirm. I snap them all the way down and the snaps release simply by twisting the leather loops slightly. I heard that the Blade-Tech's don't do this.

TAZ
05-16-11, 09:50
Both Blade-Tech and Comp-Tac use the same snap. I think Bkade-Tech are black while the other is natural finish, but they are the same. Sounds like you got a bum snap. May be worth a phone call to Comp-Tac as they have great CS and may just send you a replacement.

I stayed with the rubber ones cause incould cut them one size smaller than my belt and then stretch them in place. For me tha seemed to keep the gun and holster glued in place, while with the leather the holster could slide about.

Dapimpspimp
05-17-11, 11:45
Thanks guys. I called Comptac today and they are sending replacement loops. They had never heard of anything like this occurring.

Sry0fcr
05-17-11, 11:54
I use the same holster but with the Infidel Belt Clip and have not had an issue.

Just thought I'd pose another option...

I've had the holster come out with the gun on my old Infidel with the belt clip (during training). At least with the loops you'll at least have one left if the other happens to come undone. Good to hear Comp-Tac stepped up, but it's not unusual. :)