PDA

View Full Version : SCAR 17 Magazines

jpipes
05-15-11, 08:19
All -

I have been patiently waiting for SCAR 17 mags to show in stock at the usual places, but to no avail. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to finding mags in stock? I'd like to have more than just one...

Best,
JP

Abraxas
05-15-11, 08:51
Please!

YVK
05-15-11, 09:07
See if you can ask your local FNH dealers to order some for you. I have just received two (half of my order) after about one month wait. Online retailers get hit with orders from all around the country so my guess is that local ones may have a shorter backlog list. Just a speculation.

Fuzzy-Reticle
05-15-11, 11:15
Call Specialty Sports in Colorado Springs, CO.

I know they have the Tan ones at least. I think they ar $45-$50 each! OUCH!

But if you want them they have them.

They typically do not do phone sales so be patient and ask if they would sell you some and ship them to you.

Worth a shot.

TOrrock
05-15-11, 11:55
We've been spoiled on mag prices for a while. When Germany and Austria surplussed G3's, G1's, and STG-58's, we got flooded with battle rifle mags for pennies on the dollar. I remember in the 80's and very early 90's, that if you found HK G3/91 mags for $25, you snapped up as many as you could. Then the waves of surplus hit and you could find new in wrap G3 mags for $3.00. FAL mags were similar.

M16 mags are cheap because there are so damn many of them and because of the way they're designed and made.

Hopefully, the dam will break soon on Mk. 17 mags, but there is a war on, something to think about.

Crow Hunter
05-15-11, 12:08
My local shop gets them in periodically. Usually in 50 box cases. The MSRP is $38 and the price they pay from FN isn't much under $30. They actually sold a bunch at $38 until I told them they were out of their minds and they put a few on Gunbroker.:jester:

If you are getting them for $50 that isn't too bad considering their limited availability and the fact they are a steel mag. I would be happy if we could get Knight's mags for $50 a pop (Not that I have a rifle yet to use them with). :sad:

To Templar's point, surplus mags are just that. Surplus, they are cheap because no one wants them. Mags for issue guns are always going to be more expensive because they aren't being dumped on the market as scrap.

armakraut
05-15-11, 23:54
There's always the LMT MWS.

USGILT
05-16-11, 00:11
Order them at Midway USA they will come in. Otherwise, the following company has been getting SCAR17s mags in frequently at decent prices but they go fast. Email Charles Albert at A&A Arsenal he is GTG and will hook you up.

http://www.aaarsenal.com/