PDA

View Full Version : M&P 9 feeding issues

jmoore
05-15-11, 12:11
History:

-Shot 1911s for decades -still shoot them better than any other pistol.
-Currently shoot Glocks, think they are a strong contender for all around best fighting pistol. Don't like them because of their lack of an affirmative safety.
-Am trying out a MP9, but it won't feed 147s - my preferred ammo. (pistol is stock except for APEX goodies:)

QUESTIONS:
1 - Any suggestions for getting the 147s to feed? (Golden sabers is all I've tried so far. Any brands have a significantly different ogive than these, and thus may feed?)
2 - If you have had problems feeding 147s in your MP pistol - did it then feed 124s OK? If so, what brand?
3 - Any other suggestions???

TIA

john

Beat Trash
05-15-11, 13:29
I'd call S&W Customer Service and talk with them.

My agency has over 1,100 M&P's in the field. Starting on our 6th year. All they get fed are 147gr TMJ or JHP's. No issues with feeding these rounds.

My experience with S&W's customer service has been excellent. Give them a shot.

NC_DAVE
05-15-11, 14:05
I have a M&P full size 9 and I carry and have fired 147 gr. Win. T-Series in that gun without any feed issues.

rathos
05-15-11, 14:52
I second sending it back to S&W. My agency uses 147 grain FMJ and hollowpoint ammo and I had no issues feeding them in my 9L or my FS 9mm.

jmoore
05-15-11, 15:31
I second sending it back to S&W. My agency uses 147 grain FMJ and hollowpoint ammo and I had no issues feeding them in my 9L or my FS 9mm.

I thought of that. My main concern is that I have heard that SW is notorious for removing all "aftermarket" goodies (i.e., APEX) and returning your gun in its "stock" conformation. Any feedback as to whether or not this is true. (I'll call them Monday and find out - just wondering about this now:)

TIA

john

sobiloff
05-16-11, 00:16
1 - Any suggestions for getting the 147s to feed? (Golden sabers is all I've tried so far. Any brands have a significantly different ogive than these, and thus may feed?)

It doesn't matter what works for other folks, it only matters if it works for you in your pistol. Sounds like the Golden Sabers don't work in your pistol, but they do work in other pistols. If the Golden Sabers are what you want to shoot, send the pistol back to S&W after you've re-installed the stock parts and tell them you want it to work with 147gr Golden Sabers. They'll make it work.

If you aren't particularly wedded to Golden Sabers, try some other brands out yourself.