PDA

View Full Version : What am I looking at?

Interventionist
05-15-11, 13:51
Sorry I don't have a picture. Savage rifle in 308,looks to have a 22/24 in barrel (heavy) fiberglass stock with cheek riser, adjustable sliding bipod mount. Has the phrase "Ultimate Varment, Major Plaster" in the left hand side of the stock. Appears to have aluminum bedding blocks and is pre accue trigger. Internal magazine. It had been fired 3 rounds. Brass still in the box. I am unable to find this gun in Savages catalog. Would this be a good 1st precision gun for my friend? $600 out the door. Thank you for your help.

loudsixstring
05-15-11, 15:18
No glass, rings or base? The stock is from Choate machine and tool and weighs about a metric ton. I had one on a 700 and it was very solid just too heavy. They're around $175-200 new. Accutriggers came out about 2002 I think so it's about 10 years old. How's the bore?

Interventionist
05-15-11, 17:01
Looked like cheap weaver rings and bases. A large BAS mil dot scope (which I told him doesn't count as a real scope ) The bore looks immaculate, the bolt
still has all the blueing, no wear marks. And your are exactly right about the weight of that stock. This gun also had its original cardboard box.