PDA

View Full Version : Apex Forward Set Sear Release Info

Flork
05-16-11, 11:25
The Apex Forward Set Sear Pre-Release/Pre-Sale started this morning at 9AM (PST). They're going like mad.

https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid50.html

ralph
05-16-11, 19:45
Flork;
I followed your link to Apex's site,but I'm only seeing a blank square, no pic, no price...Just a heads up...

G34Shooter
05-16-11, 20:04
Their servers were overloaded :jester:

New link https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid53.html

Randy Lee
05-16-11, 21:01
The online store is finally up and running!

Wayne Dobbs
05-17-11, 07:29
If a pistol already has a Duty/Carry Kit installed, will there be a kit with just the trigger and sear? Or are the components in the new forward setting kit not compatible with earlier versions?

beastfrog
05-17-11, 08:04
If a pistol already has a Duty/Carry Kit installed, will there be a kit with just the trigger and sear? Or are the components in the new forward setting kit not compatible with earlier versions?

The FSS Striker Block has a different profile than the Ultimate Striker Block in the earlier kits. It's because of the forward set of the sear, the SB has to be engaged earlier than the original profile allows.

Randy Lee
05-17-11, 09:28
Beastfrog is right. The striker block has some geometric differences because the trigger bar engages the sear so much earlier. If you try to use our usb, or a rounded factory part, it most likely will not clear the striker channel resulting in failures to ignite.

The sear has greater mechanical leverage than the standard factory sear, pro sear as well as our standard hard sear. Assuming you have a sear housing that uses the larger sear spring that the factory has gone to, the pull weight should be as follows:

-our competition kit springs w/ fss & trigger= 2lbs
-factory (non MA compliant guns)= 3 lbs
-DCAEK springs= 4lbs

We are having stronger sear springs made to bring the pull weight up to the 5 lb range.

-Randy

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-17-11, 09:39
I see the web page says that it is not suggested for duty weapons, just for competitive guns. Do you plan on having a DC type version?

Wayne Dobbs
05-17-11, 10:30
Beastfrog and Randy,

Thanks for that clarification. Looks like I will just wait for the new barrel to be ready for fitting and have that done at the same time! Time to start hiding money!