PDA

View Full Version : Federal judge rules against Calif. gun advocates

platoonDaddy
05-17-11, 04:20
For sure it will be coming East!

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – A federal judge ruled Monday there is no constitutional right to carry a hidden gun in public — a decision that dealt a setback to gun-rights advocates who had challenged how much discretion California law enforcement officials have in issuing concealed weapons permits.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/16/federal-judge-rules-calif-gun-advocates/

kwelz
05-17-11, 07:26
I am not quite ready to start shouting that the sky is falling just yet. This is one ruling against the plethora of cases we have won.

SteyrAUG
05-17-11, 12:03
It's actually amazing what a shithole state California has managed to become in a mere half century. Right now the only useful purpose it serves is as an idiot magnet.

Kchen986
05-17-11, 12:23
Well. That will definitely go up on appeal. The 9th Circuit has an amazing track record of getting reversed by the Supreme Court.

It's only a District Court ruling, there are still 2 more levels to go. We'll see if a circuit split develops or if the SCOTUS will resolve the issue.

markm
05-17-11, 14:17
It's actually amazing what a shithole state California has managed to become in a mere half century. Right now the only useful purpose it serves is as an idiot magnet.

And when the big one hits, I hope not too many of them make it out into the free states.

BrianS
05-18-11, 14:01
It's actually amazing what a shithole state California has managed to become in a mere half century.

From the Golden State to the Golden Shower State. Any gun owner masochistic enough to have stayed at this point deserves what they get, hate to say.

England countered that California law currently lets gun owners carry an unloaded weapon so it can be quickly loaded and used in self-defense if needed.

LOL! Even worse than Israeli carry let's start calling this California carry. If this is acceptable let's saddle law enforcement with this carry method and see how they like it!

Heavy Metal
05-18-11, 14:25
For sure it will be coming East!

Doubt it. The nation no longer follows California's lead and hasn't for some time.

Cincinnatus
05-18-11, 14:30
Having lived in Colorado, I am astounded at how many Californians leave CA and move elsewhere, bitching about how bad CA is, and then they proceed to make the next state they live in just like CA. Front Range Colorado is now a looney bin.

C-grunt
05-18-11, 16:00
Having lived in Colorado, I am astounded at how many Californians leave CA and move elsewhere, bitching about how bad CA is, and then they proceed to make the next state they live in just like CA. Front Range Colorado is now a looney bin.

Amen. They have been trying to do it in AZ for some time now.

Hmac
05-18-11, 17:09
And when the big one hits, I hope not too many of them make it out into the free states.

The thing that will be annoying is the help that they will feel that the rest of the country is obligated to provide them to rebuild. I'm pretty confident that no matter how much we give them, they will feel that they're entitled to more.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-18-11, 17:09

Word.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-18-11, 20:20
Lol, some of the biggest advances in 2A liberty happen in CA, and we fight everyday with our votes and our dollars to defeat the libs here. Its funny how so many of you claim to fight for freedom and wont ever give in to the lib agenda, and yet are so quick to say that a CA gun owner should just pack up and leave. How about helping us fight this atrocity so it doesnt spread across the land instead acting like liberal pussies and begging us to retreat.

pilotguyo540
05-18-11, 20:38
Lol, some of the biggest advances in 2A liberty happen in CA, and we fight everyday with our votes and our dollars to defeat the libs here. Its funny how so many of you claim to fight for freedom and wont ever give in to the lib agenda, and yet are so quick to say that a CA gun owner should just pack up and leave. How about helping us fight this atrocity so it doesnt spread across the land instead acting like liberal pussies and begging us to retreat.

+1,000,000,000

The war isn't so bad when you don't leave the wire is it? We are getting our asses kicked on the front line out here.

I tried to move. The flatirons have more whiny douches than Cali. I moved back to California. I will take my chances and fight this here so you don't have to fight it there.

Your welcome.;)

Cameron
05-18-11, 21:49

Fantastic!

Cameron

dookie1481
05-18-11, 22:56

No thanks, in NV we have our hands full fighting off the ****tards that migrate over here after they are tired of how ****ed up CA has become.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-18-11, 23:00
No thanks, in NV we have our hands full fighting off the ****tards that migrate over here after they are tired of how ****ed up CA has become.

Lol, gun owners. The first to shoot themselves in the foot.

Magic_Salad0892
05-19-11, 03:07
I remember CA. When things change, I will go back.

When. Not if.

BrianS
05-19-11, 03:29
Lol, some of the biggest advances in 2A liberty happen in CA...

Such as?

dookie1481
05-19-11, 23:18
Such as?

Apparently, getting cases heard (nevermind that they always lose them) constitutes an "advance".

Bubba FAL
05-20-11, 00:55
Did 8 years behind the lines in the PRK. Call me a wuss, but that was all the silliness this midwesterner could take.

The feeling of relief when we moved back to Tennessee was worth giving up the beautiful weather and terrain in California.

toasterlocker
05-22-11, 14:46
"Ahhh, it's gone, it's gone, it's gone...All the shitty shows are gone, all the idiots screaming in the ****ing wind are dead, I love it...leaving nothing but a cool, beautiful serenity called Arizona Bay. That's right, when L.A. falls in the ****ing ocean and is flushed away, all it will leave is Arizona Bay."

Learn to swim.

toasterlocker
05-22-11, 14:51
Double post, delete

Littlelebowski
05-23-11, 06:28

Look at what happened to Colorado.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-23-11, 07:23
Colorado did it to itself. Boulder and Denver have always had some of the bluest of blue libtards. Denver has had an AWB of sorts for a long ass time. Colorado's problem was that we got too comfy being a gun loving red state and stopped fighting for our rights. We had a chance with Ken Buck, but now with Hickenlooper we stand to lose alot more than we can gain right now.

I'm not about to give up on CO simply because it has a liberal virus right now. I could "vote with my feet" and move to AZ or UT like everyone tells Californians to do, or I can stand and fight that virus and make my state into what it should be. I used to bitch and complain about stupid CA gun owners and how they should just move, but after being stationed here for 4 years, Im honestly impressed with their resolve and how they combat the idiocy. Places like CA RKBA, CA Rifle and Pistol, CALGUNS, and a number of other organizations fight everyday so Americans like you and I can have the same freedoms as people in AZ.

But I guess it's alot easier to say "**** em" right?

Littlelebowski
05-23-11, 08:10
For what it's worth, I'm in complete agreement with you. CA's gun owners are organized and smart. They have an iPhone app for their gun owner's forum and are always actively combating stupidity.

Colorado did it to itself. Boulder and Denver have always had some of the bluest of blue libtards. Denver has had an AWB of sorts for a long ass time. Colorado's problem was that we got too comfy being a gun loving red state and stopped fighting for our rights. We had a chance with Ken Buck, but now with Hickenlooper we stand to lose alot more than we can gain right now.

I'm not about to give up on CO simply because it has a liberal virus right now. I could "vote with my feet" and move to AZ or UT like everyone tells Californians to do, or I can stand and fight that virus and make my state into what it should be. I used to bitch and complain about stupid CA gun owners and how they should just move, but after being stationed here for 4 years, Im honestly impressed with their resolve and how they combat the idiocy. Places like CA RKBA, CA Rifle and Pistol, CALGUNS, and a number of other organizations fight everyday so Americans like you and I can have the same freedoms as people in AZ.

VooDoo6Actual
05-23-11, 08:26

+1 to this.

This has been my experience as well.

While I think that Kommiefornia has some of the most dysfunctional & hypocritical individuals to ever grace the planet or gene pool. Having said that conversely, there are some extremely resourceful, intelligent people who know how to circumvent & navigate the Liberal ****TARD gun laws legally.

Bullet Button being a recent shinning example of it. I know of a lot of people w/ .308's & 6.8's now because of the BB etc. Ask Noveske, LWRCi, LMT et alia how many sales are in CA ?

Some of you would be surprised at that data.

I stay ONLY because of my profession allows me to make a decent living by working for the afluent. While it is frustrating & difficult I find that there are still some good MUGS here.

My condumdrum is that I cannot charge the same rate for services in other states & be constantly working. So until I'm ready to retire I'm stuck.

Does it suck sure w/o a doubt. Working for nut cases, nut case celebrities, sports celebrities, afluent control freak nut cases, crooked hypocrit lawyers (which are everywhere BTW), divorce attorneys, investigators & floating between DoS / DoD contracts has givien me many fond memories, travelled the world on their dime, eating the best food, witnessing some incredible situations and events etc.

Does CA. suck you bet, does it lead the way in dysfunctionality you bet. If you can get established and network you can make it work for you in my field. I do feel like I'm surrounded by hypocrits, idiots and people w/ selfish self serving agendas all the time.

Constantly biting my tongue here. But apparantly they are in D.C as elsewhere as well, just a greater preponderance of them in CA.......

It's been a hoot no doubt.

chadbag
05-23-11, 12:37
My condumdrum is that I cannot charge the same rate for services in other states & be constantly working. So until I'm ready to retire I'm stuck.

WIth the cost of living and tax rates of Kalifornia, maybe you don't have to charge the same rates elsewhere to live the same way as you do in Kalifornia ??

Rider79
05-23-11, 15:35
Having lived in Colorado, I am astounded at how many Californians leave CA and move elsewhere, bitching about how bad CA is, and then they proceed to make the next state they live in just like CA.

Same for NV. They come here, refuse to change their car registration because they won't pay NV registration fees and talk about how awesome LA and the ****ing Lakers are. If LA is so awesome, why don't you move the **** back?

d90king
05-23-11, 16:39
Thank God many states have state constitutions that prevent this from happening... I believe that Cali is silent in regards to 2a...

VooDoo6Actual
05-24-11, 09:28
WIth the cost of living and tax rates of Kalifornia, maybe you don't have to charge the same rates elsewhere to live the same way as you do in Kalifornia ??

In many instances that would be true. In my specific case it is not applicable.

My mortgage is reasonable and I have a renter deferring cost somewhat. But, I did lose about 400K in equity which did hurt no doubt.

The EP/protective Services work is easier to find in Los Angeles just not a lot of high paying gigs. I'm currently on one but cannot disclose the celeb.

My fist gig w/ BW in May of 02' pay was substantial for the first guys on that "QRF"/"PSF" which I was part of. It has been downhill from there in the PMC industry.

The Maritime AP gigs are getting infected w/ greed as well now. Last I heard $200 p day.

Here's an example:

SAF, CALGUNS SUE OVER CALIFORNIA ‘ASSAULT WEAPONS’ LAW ARREST
For Immediate Release: 5/23/2011

BELLEVUE, WA – The Second Amendment Foundation and Calguns Foundation have filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in California, seeking to have the state’s definition of so-called “assault weapons” declared unconstitutionally vague.

Joining SAF and Calguns in the lawsuit is Brendan John Richards, an Iraq combat veteran who served as a U.S. Marine, and whose arrest and six-day incarceration in the Sonoma County jail – and subsequent dismissal of all charges – was the catalyst for this legal action. Named as defendants are California Attorney General Kamala Harris, the California Department of Justice, the City of Rohnert Park and police officer Dean Becker.

Richards was jailed in May 2010 after Officer Becker, investigating a disturbance at a motel where Richards was staying, learned that Richards had two pistols and a rifle, all unloaded, in the trunk of his car. Becker, arrested Richards for unlawful possession of an assault weapon. However, in September of last year, the charges were dismissed by the Sonoma County District Attorney’s office, based on a report from the state Department of Justice that showed none of the guns met the state’s definition of an assault weapon.

“California’s law allows possession of a variety of firearms that do not meet the state’s assault weapons definition, which we believe is unconstitutionally vague,” noted SAF Executive Vice President Alan Gottlieb. “Mr. Richards was jailed for almost a week, when he had broken no law because a police officer had a conflicting view and the District Attorney’s office believed him.”

“California attempts to make a distinction among firearms where no natural one exists,” noted Calguns Executive Director Gene Hoffman. “The generic definition of so-called ‘assault weapons’ was simply an attempt to prohibit possession of guns that look scary.”

Plaintiffs are represented by attorneys Don Kilmer of San Jose and Jason A. Davis of Mission Viejo. Kilmer said the case is indicative of the way things have become in California.

“Now that the right to keep arms has correctly been recognized as fundamental and applicable to California,” Kilmer said, “gun owners can’t be faced with the practice of ‘arrest them first and let the courts sort it out’ for exercising constitutional rights. That is just how things are done in our country.”

The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation's oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 650,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control. SAF has previously funded successful firearms-related suits against the cities of Los Angeles; New Haven, CT; and San Francisco on behalf of American gun owners, a lawsuit against the cities suing gun makers and an amicus brief and fund for the Emerson case holding the Second Amendment as an individual right.

Artos
05-24-11, 10:56
In many instances that would be true. In my specific case it is not applicable.

My mortgage is reasonable and I have a renter deferring cost somewhat. But, I did lose about 400K in equity which did hurt no doubt.

The EP/protective Services work is easier to find in Los Angeles just not a lot of high paying gigs. I'm currently on one but cannot disclose the celeb.

My fist gig w/ BW in May of 02' pay was substantial for the first guys on that "QRF"/"PSF" which I was part of. It has been downhill from there in the PMC industry.

The Maritime AP gigs are getting infected w/ greed as well now. Last I heard $200 p day.

no celebs in deep south tx but you can drive around a 7000 acre ranch with the federal game warden drinking a cold beer and shooting pigs under the full moon...:D

hope the current gig sticks around a while for ya amigo...

california is just depressing...feel sorry for those who live out in the sticks and those counties that vote red too.:rolleyes:

Iraqgunz
05-24-11, 17:24
I am originally from CA. It used to be nice and sane. Unfortunately it has been polluted by shitbirds. When I run into CA people here in AZ and they start trying to impose their version of how the gun laws should be I tell them nicely they need to pack up and go back to CA and leave the rest of us alone.

Amen. They have been trying to do it in AZ for some time now.

SeriousStudent
05-24-11, 17:47
+1 to this.

It's been a hoot no doubt.

I'm definitely pre-ordering the book, as soon as you get it written.

What makes me really curious, is who is going to play you in the movie?

(I kid, I kid!) :D

Magic_Salad0892
05-25-11, 01:02
I am originally from Sacramento, CA. It is absolutely retarded.

Gun owners may be super organized, but we also hide a lot, as we are far outnumbered in that area. Most of the population are Los Angeles rejects, who spend all day on FaceBook, and think it's cool to get giant gauges, stupid tattoos, and be hippies.

I hated it. Oregon, even the Portland area isn't bad at all. Even the libtards here are like ''we should just revert to federal law for EVERYTHING''... and I'm like...

''...Cool.''

Iraqgunz
05-25-11, 01:50
My wife said I should write a book as well. It would have to be two volumes and not sure if it would be classified as a Horror story or a tragic comedy.

I'm definitely pre-ordering the book, as soon as you get it written.

What makes me really curious, is who is going to play you in the movie?

(I kid, I kid!) :D

Heartland Hawk
05-25-11, 07:07
Same for NV. They come here, refuse to change their car registration because they won't pay NV registration fees and talk about how awesome LA and the ****ing Lakers are. If LA is so awesome, why don't you move the **** back?

Amen to that.

I ran into this in Phoenix A LOT.