PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Form 1

mpardun
10-09-07, 13:33
I too am a Colorado resident, using a Revocable Trust to procure a couple NFA items: SBR & Silencer to start.

I have a few (simple) questions that I'd appreciate some guidance on re: filling out a solid Form 1 with ATF:

Q 4c: Can you state "multi" in the caliber column if I intend to swap various caliber uppers on this "multi-caliber" marked lower?

Q 4i: State Why you intend to make this firearm: What is a good/accetable answer to this?

Q 4h: Since I am registering a 3rd party manufactured (Spikes) lower as an SBR - to whihc I will complete the build with an upper, do I need to add additional marking (such as my Trusts name?)

Q 6a: Would you suggest inserting SSN (if using a trust)? if not mark it n/a?

Q 6b: How do I answer the "class" question re: SOT? n/a?

THANKS A TON,

Mike

Madsmiley
10-09-07, 18:51
I too am a Colorado resident, using a Revocable Trust to procure a couple NFA items: SBR & Silencer to start.

I have a few (simple) questions that I'd appreciate some guidance on re: filling out a solid Form 1 with ATF:

Q 4c: Can you state "multi" in the caliber column if I intend to swap various caliber uppers on this "multi-caliber" marked lower?

Q 4i: State Why you intend to make this firearm: What is a good/accetable answer to this?

Q 4h: Since I am registering a 3rd party manufactured (Spikes) lower as an SBR - to whihc I will complete the build with an upper, do I need to add additional marking (such as my Trusts name?)

THANKS A TON,

Mike

1)Several opinions on this,I have one pending thats maked 9mm and 22lr,will see what happens.Alot of people will submit a letter of amendment after approval listing all the different calibers and lengths.Some even argue its not needed at all.

2) 'All lawful purposes" have worked on all mine

3)First one I left blank and didnt have any issues,this one has what I intend to have engraved which is the initials of my trust name,city,state.

4) I personally would not include my SSN

5)Leave blank

keatsabn
10-14-07, 10:43

THANKS A TON,

Mike

Mike,
Q. 1 No you have to have a Caliber and only one caliber in that block in 4h you can add other caliber and lengths or just do what I did send ATF a letter stating the other caliber and barrel lengths and they send back a letter saying that your registration has been updated
Q. I said addition to firearm collection
Q You have to make it with the person making the SBR (you) city, State ie SFC Luke Keating (Ret) Trust next line Midland, Ga
Q. I would not put my SSN on it.
Mike you sound like you are doing a Form 4 not a form 1 if you are building a SBR and NOT buying a lower that is already registered you have to use a form 1. If it is ALREADY registered as an SBR than you are just doing a transfere in that case a form 4.