PDA

View Full Version : 9mm build problem

Hang-Fire
10-09-07, 13:54
I recently assembled a 9mm AR using all RRA parts except for the lower receiver. It all went together well enough, and seems to function great. The only problem is that it shoots WAY low. Even with my front sight bottomed out, it's still shooting too low. Any ideas?

HF

The Archangel
10-09-07, 15:29
I recently assembled a 9mm AR using all RRA parts except for the lower receiver. It all went together well enough, and seems to function great. The only problem is that it shoots WAY low. Even with my front sight bottomed out, it's still shooting too low. Any ideas?

HF

Need more info on your sight set up. Standard FSB? What Rear BUIS? If it's an aftermarket front BUIS, which brand? Where exactly is it mounted? On rails? On rail Gas Block? What brand are the rails? Etc...

Kinda like going to the doctor and saying "It hurts."

markm
10-09-07, 15:32
And how low is "too low"? An inch at 50 yards? Two feet?

Hang-Fire
10-10-07, 01:09
Standard front sight base pinned to the barrel. Rear sight is a DPMS A2 style that attaches to the flat top with two small thumb screws. We're talking about three or four inches low at 50 yards.

markm
10-10-07, 08:03
I'd be suspect of that DPMS component first. Do you know anyone with a Colt Carry handle that you could borrow to check POI with?

Robb Jensen
10-10-07, 08:13
If it came to it you could shorten the front sight post.

You can adjust the removable carry handle so that it bottoms out exactly at 6/3. If it's bottoming out -4 clicks under 6/3 that could be your problem.