PDA

View Full Version : $300 EO Tech 551

R1pper
10-09-07, 16:03
Just as the title says. I have the ability to buy a BNIB Eo Tech 551 that is NVG compatible for $300. Im not certain whether or not I want an Eo Tech or a ACOG or an Aimpoint. But the price is sure good considering Ive seen the
512's for $380.

Shihan
10-09-07, 18:14
They are worth the money. I like the 1MOA dot and nothing else reticle. Just beware those damn Ncell batteries leak(just cleaned mine up). Care to share who has them for 300.00? I could use another.

R1pper
10-09-07, 18:46
Its a local dealer here in Western Mass. His big problem is he does not sell anyhting over the internet. If you would like one let me know

Shihan
10-09-07, 20:02
Ok thanks, im going to see wha Botach is getting more in as they had them and ship free if the order is over 100.00. I should have bought more. The only problem I had is after 6months the Ncells leaked and was a PIA to clean up. I do like the reticle. I may go over to the Aimpoint side after looking at a Comp M4 I picked up for a customer.

AR-15A3
10-10-07, 02:46
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/Alpha-Romeo3/Hunting/LMTD2K-GM-L116-ASF.jpg
EOTech 551 on my LMT M4 type carbine

That's a great price, I got mine almost two years ago in the low $300 range from Grant of G&R Tactical but that was a long time ago, I'm sure prices are higher now.

I like the compact size of the 551 because I plan on getting a NV in the future and need a smaller optic to fit on my upper.

I use my EOTech mostly in close self defense role and it works fine for me, I like the large 65 MOA reticle which is very easy to see and aim at close distances.

EOTech usually eats batteries really quick specially the N cell, I had changed batteries a lot of times already compared to my Aimpoint M2 which I never changed yet in almost three years now.

If you could live with changing the batteries often, and I would recommend always carry a lot of spare batteries, the 551 would be a good choice for its small size and lower price for a NV compatible optic.

R1pper
12-29-07, 15:27
I ended up getting the 551 for $275 out the door!

Chickenlittle
12-29-07, 16:12
Where and how can I get a BNIB 551 at that price? I'm definitely interested.

R1pper
12-30-07, 12:10
I got it at a local dealer. As I mentioned before I dont think he sells over the Internet. I do know he has 553's and wants to get rid of them and some other 552's that he is looking to move. I will talk with him and see if he sells via the internet or at the very least I will get you his contact info so you can possible do it via snail mail.

Shihan
12-30-07, 21:29
Check those Ncells often, they have a habit of leaking.

R1pper
12-30-07, 22:41
Check those Ncells often, they have a habit of leaking.

Thanks about the N cell info. There is a Police Supply Shop in the area that sells them for cheap so I plan on buying a decent amount of them.

Shihan
12-31-07, 14:16
Thanks about the N cell info. There is a Police Supply Shop in the area that sells them for cheap so I plan on buying a decent amount of them.

Make sure to get good quality ones. Even the Energizers I use leak.

rockm4
02-02-08, 15:44
Make sure to get good quality ones. Even the Energizers I use leak.

Thanks Guys, The info you all put in this forum is like going to ar15 College for a Masters . My M900 Surefire uses the n type Batteries , after three years I have had no leaks using the Surefire Batteries in limited use. on the same ones.

Stainless
02-02-08, 15:56
Thanks Guys, The info you all put in this forum is like going to ar15 College for a Masters . My M900 Surefire uses the n type Batteries , after three years I have had no leaks using the Surefire Batteries in limited use. on the same ones.

N batteries are not 123a batteries.

You are confused. Surefire has its own line of 123a batteries.

He is talking about the Eotech 551 which uses N batteries not 123a batteries.

Blitzking
02-03-08, 17:23
Energizers for some reason leak on me.I've never had a problem with Duracells
The N batterys don't last, I wish someone made some rechargables.Next Eotech will be the AA model without a dought!