PDA

View Full Version : Gen 1 SOPMOD Stock - a little snug

olkev
05-18-11, 08:53
Just picked up a Gen 1 SOPMOD stock NSN: 1005-01-544-9825 made by B5 Systems of Xenia, Ohio (https://aais.ria.army.mil/aais/award_web_10/W52H0910D00240001/000000.pdf)

I previously had the much smaller 4 pos stock and there was no play and was easily adjustable. The new stock is brand spankin' new, was still in the original bag, great cheek weld, but it is a little snug. I get it on the tube, (yes mil-spec tube) but it is SNUG and takes both hands and some wrestling moves to move it around.

Anybody else have this issue and if so, how did you correct it?
If it takes a different brand mil-spec tube, as I have read in other places, any particular one?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-18-11, 11:22
Just picked up a Gen 1 SOPMOD stock NSN: 1005-01-544-9825 made by B5 Systems of Xenia, Ohio (https://aais.ria.army.mil/aais/award_web_10/W52H0910D00240001/000000.pdf)

I previously had the much smaller 4 pos stock and there was no play and was easily adjustable. The new stock is brand spankin' new, was still in the original bag, great cheek weld, but it is a little snug. I get it on the tube, (yes mil-spec tube) but it is SNUG and takes both hands and some wrestling moves to move it around.

Anybody else have this issue and if so, how did you correct it?
If it takes a different brand mil-spec tube, as I have read in other places, any particular one?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Mine was the same way LMT reciver extension and sopmod it will free up or you will man up not sure what will happen first.:D

olkev
05-18-11, 12:14
I'm wondering about taking the largest dowel rod that will fit, wrap the end with some 320 or 440 wet or dry sand paper and gently go to work on it. Nothing extreme, just enough to let it slide better.

Good/bad idea?

BaronFitz
05-18-11, 14:44
Save yourself some aggravation and just buy an LMT receiver extension. I had the same problem with a Gen II SOPMOD stock on a supposedly mil-spec BCM RE.

I was told it's probably tolerance stacking, but mine did the same thing on another BCM tube at the store.

polymorpheous
05-18-11, 14:50
It'll loosen up.
Go shoot the piss out of the rifle and you'll see.

I got a Vltor original modstock on my main rig.
The receiver extension is from Bravo.
It was really tight when I first got it.
Now it adjusts with ease.