PDA

View Full Version : LaRue Mount question

BCmJUnKie
05-18-11, 16:41
I need a mount for My Comp M3, Im going with LaRue. Its a toss-up between the Tac. Comp M2 (LT-150) or the Comp M2 RAS II (LT-152). The M2 is 1/3 Co-witness. My question is does anyone run the RAS II? Its 1/2" shorter and Im wondering if its Co-witness? If you can give me feedback to which you prefer and if you owned different ones. Im open to the Cantilever mount also for more rail space. Thanks guys

nickdrak
05-18-11, 17:33
Get the LT-150 which will give you a lower third co-witness. In my opinion there are zero benefits to going with a "absolute co-witness. Your optic and iron sights are two seperate aiming devices. A lower third co-witness with your optic gives you more of a "heads up" field of view. You irons are still easily accessible thru the optic with a lower third co-witness should your optic go down.

If you can, search for an archived article written by Pat Rogers in SWAT MAGAZINE named "Running the reddot right". It is from a few years back but still as relevant now as when it was published.

BCmJUnKie
05-18-11, 19:47
Get the LT-150 which will give you a lower third co-witness. In my opinion there are zero benefits to going with a "absolute co-witness. Your optic and iron sights are two seperate aiming devices. A lower third co-witness with your optic gives you more of a "heads up" field of view. You irons are still easily accessible thru the optic with a lower third co-witness should your optic go down.

If you can, search for an archived article written by Pat Rogers in SWAT MAGAZINE named "Running the reddot right". It is from a few years back but still as relevant now as when it was published.

Very cool. I will check that out. Thanks alot man

nickdrak
05-18-11, 20:03
Very cool. I will check that out. Thanks alot man

No problem. You can download old issues of SWAT on their website. I think I have a copy of the article in my training manual. Ill see if I can track down exactly which issue that article was in.

BCmJUnKie
05-18-11, 20:20
No problem. You can download old issues of SWAT on their website. I think I have a copy of the article in my training manual. Ill see if I can track down exactly which issue that article was in.

Oh I would appreciate that. Ill start lookin to see if I can find it. So have you ever run the Cantilever mount? Im not going to be running a Magnifier on this rifle, the height of the 150 and the cantilever are same. What are your takes on the two

nickdrak
05-18-11, 20:38
I prefer the standard LT-150 due to where it places the optic. The canti mount places the Aimpoint just over the barrel nut/delta ring. It comes down to personal preference.

ETA: Found it! Its in the Jan/2008 issue.

BCmJUnKie
05-18-11, 22:07
I prefer the standard LT-150 due to where it places the optic. The canti mount places the Aimpoint just over the barrel nut/delta ring. It comes down to personal preference.

ETA: Found it! Its in the Jan/2008 issue.

Cool thanks man, I found it online, im tryin to find the article now. Its not showing the full article.

kaltesherz
05-18-11, 22:22
Another vote for the LaRue LT-150, perfect mount for the M3

TehLlama
05-18-11, 22:27
Unless you're an oddball and find yourself perpetually lower than the optic, lower 1/3 is THE choice. The LT150 is the mount that made LaRue, for good reason.

BCmJUnKie
05-18-11, 22:45
Ya Im thinkin the same thing...the 150. Ill go with that. You guys just saved me a headache and I really appreciate it. I have money to spend on this rifle, but I DONT have money to just throw away buyin something till it works for me. Thank you all

Ironbutt
05-18-11, 23:15
I have LaRue mounts for my EOTec & the Aimpoint M3 & they're great. They're lower 1/3 co witness & solid as a rock.

If you order from LaRue, be prepared for a surprise when the box is delivered. They usually throw in some free stuff. My last order had a jar of Dillo Dust, a beverage entry tool, a pocket Constitution, two bumper stickers & a hat; in addition to the stuff that I actually paid for. I like dealing with people like that!

BCmJUnKie
05-19-11, 00:13
I have LaRue mounts for my EOTec & the Aimpoint M3 & they're great. They're lower 1/3 co witness & solid as a rock.

If you order from LaRue, be prepared for a surprise when the box is delivered. They usually throw in some free stuff. My last order had a jar of Dillo Dust, a beverage entry tool, a pocket Constitution, two bumper stickers & a hat; in addition to the stuff that I actually paid for. I like dealing with people like that!

Nuce! I have been looking for "dillo dust" everywhere. No one has any in stock lol. Ya man that kind of stuff goes a long way. A really good product with free small stuff like that is cool. It shows they actually give a shit about their customers