PDA

View Full Version : Eotech 512, need magnifier

cdj588
05-18-11, 22:09
I need a decent magnifier that will match up with my Eotech 512, its raised 7mm so I dont quite know where to go. I heard the Vortex VMX3 is decent but I dont know if the mount will match up with the height of my Eotech.

Any suggestions or better cheaper magnifiers?

SteadyUp
05-19-11, 10:28
Why skimp out on the magnifier when you invested in the RDS?

sgtjosh
05-21-11, 12:14
Why skimp out on the magnifier when you invested in the RDS?

The magnifier is just that...a magnifier. It does not affect POI. Why spend $600 on a magnifier? Spend $125 on a Vortex or Precision arms 3X. Spend $150 on a LaRue mount. You save over $300. What really matters is that the mount lines up the magnifier properly. It is just magnification. An inexpensive magnifier will not shift your POI.

cdj588
05-22-11, 16:36
Exactly so does anyone sell a magnifier and mount combo that will line up with my eotech?

I dont need a really nice mount either. Just one that will match the magnifer up right with the eotech.

jenrick
05-22-11, 20:46
If you can find a LaRue Po'boy setup it's the way to go. It's a 2.5x mag with the mount. They don't sell them anymore, but you can find them for sale sometimes. Also might check out Mako group for something cheap and serviceable.

-Jenrick

sgtjosh
05-23-11, 01:22
Exactly so does anyone sell a magnifier and mount combo that will line up with my eotech?

I dont need a really nice mount either. Just one that will match the magnifer up right with the eotech.

Look at Primary Arms and Vortex Optics.

dolf
05-26-11, 11:13
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=73910

BCmJUnKie
05-26-11, 11:18

I personally hate magnifiers...but a buddy of mine got a Mako that he seems to like and he says its good. He also runs Plumcrazy lowers and a YHM complete rifle. Its absolute co-witness. Not sure on price but I know he got it from Cheaper Than Dirt