PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Knives' Veteran Charity Raffle

Alric
05-18-11, 23:14
Posting this at request of __rab__:

A friend of mine is running a raffle, his name is Justin Gingrich. A little about him, he spent 10 years as a Ranger in the Army 92-96 3rd Ranger Battalion then 2 years with 20th SF group and the last of it from 98-01 at Ranger training Brigade. (Bona fides are available upon request, pm me if necessary) He started Ranger Knives in 2001, and partnered with Ontario Knife Company in 2008.
For several years now, he has run raffles for various charities, this one is the biggest of them all, with some amazing prizes.

Here's the details that he posted on his forum. It's the Knife Forums sub-form, Ranger Knives. Direct link to the raffle - http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/902576/

Ranger Knives is raising funds for two very special Veteran organizations. The first is Veteran Outdoors www.veteranoutdoors.com and the other is Paws and Stripes www.pawsandstripes.org Both organizations are run by Veterans for Veterans. They do great things for those that have done great things for this country. So it is the goal of Ranger Knives to raise ten thousand dollars to split between the two charity organizations. This will provide for at least one hunt for a Vet at no cost to the vet and enough for 3 Vets to be able to get service dogs at no charge.

Here is how the raffle will work. There are only 100 tickets. Cost is $100 per ticket. For every ticket you purchase you have a 1-10 chance of winning a prize. Your name will be put into an excel spread sheet. Numbers will be assigned 1-100 in the order the money comes in. The drawing will be done by random number generator once all tickets have been sold. You can only win once per ticket! There is no limit to the number of tickets you can buy….that is until all 100 are sold.
To purchase a ticket you can send a Check, Money order or cash made out to Ranger Knives:
Ranger Knives
325 North Linton Street
Blue Earth,MN 56013

Shoot him an email to let him know how many tickets you want, and that the money is inbound. Email address is justingingrich AT hotmail.com, or call at 507-230-0398.

LIST OF PRiZES
1.AK-47 It is a genuine AKM/AK47 from former CIS (Bulgaria).* They consist of genuine, unissued from new parts kits from the former CIS.* The barrel and receiver are US made, according to US import laws. They have been assembled by Hector Bennett, of Elk River, who is key weapons consultant to the History Channel. They are the closest thing to a genuine USSR War-baby currently available in the USA. Retail $750
2.Ranger Knives “Afghan” prototype
3.RD6 carried by Justin in Iraq
4.Entry Tool carried by Justin in Iraq
5.Choice of Collector Grade or Field Grade Renegade Tomahawk from Ranger Knives. $150-$300 value
6.Custom Knife from Ranger Knives. Value $450
7.Gift Certificate to Ranger Knives for $500 toward a Custom Knife/Knives
8.Gift Certificate to Ranger Knives for $500 toward a Custom Knife/Knives
9.Gift Certificate to Ranger Knives for $250 toward a Custom Knife/Knives
10.Renegade Tomahawk from Ranger Knives $150 value.

This is a great cause, lets spread the word! Pictures of the prizes are available on his forum: http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/902576/

Personally I'm psyched about buying a veteran a service dog, lets do some good!

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-19-11, 11:01
I would love to buy a ticket but of the 3 links in the thread one is not working and the other two make no refrence to a raffle?

Alric
05-19-11, 11:23
Veteranoutdoors was broken (left off the s). The others work fine for me in Firefox and Chrome. I don't have an account on Knifeforum so its not related to that. Not sure what the issue is. When I click the knifeforums link I get basically the same post here with the title "RAFFLE!!!".

Veteran Outdoors and Paws and Stripes aren't directly involved in this. Justin is leading this effort and giving the proceeds of the raffle to these organizations. I don't think they even know it is happening.

SeriousStudent
05-19-11, 22:11
Justin is a good guy, and the "real deal". Bless him and all those that help out.

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-20-11, 09:23
So did you buy a ticket? Im might just be challanged on this one but I cant figuar it out.

Icculus
05-20-11, 12:17
So did you buy a ticket? Im might just be challanged on this one but I cant figuar it out.

Don't think you can do it online or anything. From above:

To purchase a ticket you can send a Check, Money order or cash made out to Ranger Knives:
Ranger Knives
325 North Linton Street
Blue Earth,MN 56013

Shoot him an email to let him know how many tickets you want, and that the money is inbound. Email address is justingingrich AT hotmail.com, or call at 507-230-0398.

Alric
05-25-11, 16:41
Yeah, just email or call Justin, then send a check, cash or money order to him.